Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday my twin (red SVTF) passed me on the frwy--from the right. Wild child no doubt. I almost missed it because I was staring at cop cars blocking my exit as I rolled by. I think it was a "notice me!" pass; I was happy I did notice.

In almost 18 mo in this car, it's only the 2nd one I've seen locally. I parked next to a silver one ~yr ago at 7-11.

Odds of spotting another are better for me in a major metro area. But not high. Anyone else seen other SVTFs on the streets? ...how many, how often? Just curious. Folks who drive rarities always have their antennae up for the peer group...

Forgive a newbie if y'all already plowed this ground.
Claudia

·
Registered
438 Posts
Yeah they sure are too few around that i see locally.

I know there are a few because I have seen another silver one in the town around me at a wendys once, but the owner didnt approach me or anything.

I know of 3 others too, because they came out to gtgs i had. A silver euro pkg, a blue svt, and a black svt. All are on this board too.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I dont see them around much, but usually the ones i do see are driven by older men middle ageish. They dont seem to into the car itself but probably got it because its sporty, small, good on gas and comfortable.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I saw a infra red with HID's, a euro grille and black 5-spokes park in my office lot, but by the time I finished what I was doing and got down to my car he'd already taken off. It'd be the.... 3rd I think, that I've seen since buying the car about a year ago.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Ironic. I have seen a "few" around town in the last two years. I met friends for dinner tonight and the best spot in the lot was facing a CD Silver.

·
Registered
269 Posts
ive seen a couple 2 yellow and a infa red 5door i wasnt in my car i was in my friends car and at 1st i thought some1 stole my car untill i saw the 5dr. i think the 2 yellow svt were different drivers i tried 2 race one of them 1 time but the driver was older and he was a chicken o well..

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
the only other one in my area is an 02 red SVTF, ALWAYS DIRTY...like sandy, dirty, and weathered look...like they did some doghnuts in a dusty area the kind of car that gets washed when the rain hits it......I talked to the guy, not really a focus not or anything.......I see it about once every week or so, in the morning when his G/F drives it mostly.....pisses me off......I wan't to help it, but I can't......[:(]

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
ive seen 2 in the last month or so a pitch black and a infa red didn't get a chance to talk to either owner though.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Theres a couple around here, but dont see tham very often. On a side note, i thought i had the only Borla center exit exhaust around here and went out to Harris Racing the other week. Right down at another race shop just happened to sit a sonic blue svt like mine with the same exhaust, dammit, i thought i was the only one.lol

·
Registered
85 Posts
There are five or more around me... I know of a Black SVT that was for sale when I was looking to buy mine that has since sold and I've seen around. 2-3 infra-red's like mine with the 5 spokes I know there are two might be a third one never pay attention to the licsence plate and they are stock so I can't tell the diff. 1 infra with the euro package (I think... it was euro anyway it had the hid's and diff wheels don't recall if they where the euro wheels or not.). I also see a comp orange eap on a regular basis. Oh and there is a white SVT I tend to see at the gas station by my church... It has fangs and a fart cannon... made me want to cry lol

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
There were at least 2 others in my town not counting my own. Another sonic blue 2dr and a Pitch black 5dr. The other sonic blue i haven't seen in months...so the owner either moved or got rid of it and the pitch black i'm pretty certain is still around but i haven't been around the area that the person lives in.

Other then that i've on occasions seen a red 4dr and a silver 4dr driving around.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I ended up following one to the store a few days ago a red 3dr. The only other one I've seen is a blue 3dr. a few days after getting mine.

·
/fail
3,193 Posts
there are about 8 now i have seen in my area........

·
Registered
511 Posts
I have seen 2. A red that parks in my office parking garage, and a silver I saw once on the highway. A little bit before I bought my car, there where at least 3 for sale (red, blue, black) in the area and by the time I wanted to make a purchase, they had all been sold. Got mine from Tampa.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Everybody seems to have a similar story - I know of two others in my area - if anybody has seen Ithaca NY, it ain't all that big either. Have no idea if they are real SVT or Focus enthusiasts or just another guy that happened to pic one up just because..... I do a fair bit of long-distance highway traveling and aside from my local area, I rarely see SVTf's.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
i havn't seen one in a couple months till a couple nights ago when i stopped up at sears hardware. i came out of the store and there was a silver one with dark tinted windows. some older woman was sitting in the passenger seat and i was waving her down to roll down the window (i was interested in the tint job i swear). she just ignored me. but they just had to park right next to MY car when there were more other closer spots available lol. then last year i seen about 3 in one night, never seen them around again. crazy.

**added**
just kinda reminds me of lightning...

·
Registered
524 Posts
I see them everywhere. Some modded, most not. Then again there's a overly high number of domestic cars where I live anyways.

·
Registered
485 Posts
the vast majority of the svts i see driving seem like theyre driven by people that dont care, im always making an effort to get next to them and give them thumbs ups, or waves. i very very rarely get the same effort in return

1 - 20 of 42 Posts