Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Ford Focus LX. The car at the time of repair had about 47,000 miles on it. The part that was replaced was the EGR Valve (Electronic Gas Regulator). I called the 1800 number and they told me this was not covered under the emissions warranty. However, tonight I was looking in the warranty book and it shows this part to be covered under the 8 Year 80,000 mile section. Perhaps I am reading this wrong. Anyone have any advice? Am I reading it wrong? Is Ford trying to screw me over?

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I read somewhere awhile back that emissions equipment warranty never expires.
After all it is what keeps the environment clean.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I am to the point where I am about to give up on this. I called ford today and was on the phone with 4 different people who did not seem to know what they were talking about. One lady told me I would get a call back today. Well, guess what? No call back today. Everyone I talk to is telling me the emissions warranty only last 3 year or 36,000 miles. I know this is not true. So, I guess I will never know the answer.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I don't know how long the emmission warranty is time-wise, but I'm pretty sure it' 100K for mileage....

·
Registered
165 Posts
Only the catalytic converter and the computer(PCM) are covered under the federal 8/80 emissions warranty. The EGR valve,I believe tha basic part number is 9D475 on a focus, is also not covered under the California/green state 7/70 warranty. So since you were past the 3/36 and did not have any other warranty no one was "trying to screw you over".

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't see why they sell you an extended warranty that does not cover everything. The federal emissions warranty have alot of different levels.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
"I don't see why they sell you an extended warranty that does not cover everything."

Most extended warranties purpose is to protect people from major repair expenses, not the smaller stuff. An extended warrant that covered "everything" would be so expensive few, if any, would buy it.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
"Yeah, but the car would not pass emissions unless I got it fixed."

It won't pass emissions if the muffler is rusted out either. Should that be part of the emissions warranty?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I completely understand the muffler.... But a engine component should be covered under the extended warranty.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts