Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey half of my valve stem popped out and it is leaking air and I need my car to get to work, is there a way to stick it back in their?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
yes... maybe. valve stems can go together in different ways. The only ones I've ever seen that go back into the stem once the core is out is if you push it in and turn it 90 degree clockwise then release. use a pen cap or something of the like to hold it, push it down, and turn it. cut a notch in the bottom so it grabs the little flats at the bottom of the needle. if you can't find a pen cap skinny enough scrounge around inside the pen. mechanical pens are a great source of small, cylindrical parts. This is by no means a guarantee that it will work. It might only be that you can do this with certain stems. if it doesn't work, this is why you have a spare tire.

by far, the least likely focus failure ever.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol by far the least likely focus failure. but damn i will go try this sucks eny other ideas?? And it had to be on the Brand new rim i just bought, and I bought the last one in America and a month and a half ago here was only 1 more rim left in the world so I am ******.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
you know... stems can be replaced at the shop in about 10 minutes right?

·
Registered
378 Posts
is it the stem or the core? if its the stem, use a screwdriver and push it back in. if its the core, spend a $1 and get a core remover. it works both ways, in and out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts