Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other day I notice that when I release my E brake that it dosen't feel right. Then I kind of smell something funny. On top of that I'm suddenly getting crapy mileage. Low and behold I discover that the driver side E brake cable isn't releasing fully. I remove the cable and go everywhere possible for a replacement. Everywhere I go they say it's a dealer item only. Well you think that's the end of it, but oh no. I've been to the dealer twice already and both times they order me the wrong part. Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do? I'm getting tired of worrying how I park my car and if it's going to roll away. Thanks.

BOB

·
Registered
385 Posts
Leave it in gear.

Im sure the zx3 e-brake cable would work wouldnt it? although i havent ever been in a zx3 so i dont know how the e-brake is!

·
Registered
329 Posts
I got mine from Mike from Hillbish Ford 1-800-849-0233. He is on here think his sn is b16sir1991 the cable was like fifty bucks through him and i got it in about 3 days only takes maybe a hour to install.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help WD40. I talked to Mike @ Hillbish Ford he was very helpful and knowledgable about the SVT focus. He got me the correct part number that I needed.
I also learned from Mike that there are very few items that are interchangeable from the regular focus and the SVT. That goes for E brake cables as well.

·
Registered
329 Posts
No thanks to me though. LOL jk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts