Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of any aftermarket solution that works with the existing alarm system that gives an electronic beep when locking/unlocking doors, similar to how newer cars sound... like bmw, lexus, audi. It sounds a lot better than the horn and adds a feeling of luxury.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just don't double-click to activate the horn :)

In my old Mazda Protege (which honked and double honked, loud! when unlocking and locking the doors) I disconnected the horn and ran a direct circuit from the horn switch to the horn itself. This bypassed the security system (which meant that it no longer had an 'alarm') but nobody in their right mind would jack that car. An SVT...?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Anyone know of any aftermarket solution that works with the existing alarm system that gives an electronic beep when locking/unlocking doors, similar to how newer cars sound... like bmw, lexus, audi. It sounds a lot better than the horn and adds a feeling of luxury.

Thanks in advance!
I emailed Toyota if they can put it in my car. The lady that replied said to contact the Toyota dealer in town and ask them if they would do it. I havent gone cause of laziness. :p

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I emailed Toyota if they can put it in my car. The lady that replied said to contact the Toyota dealer in town and ask them if they would do it. I havent gone cause of laziness. :p
let me know how it goes.. i'd love to have it installed in my car too, at a fair price!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts