Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having electrical problems with my 2006 ZX3. It's under waranty, so I took it to the dealership for repair. They told me that the alternator was the culprit, but they were out of stock and it would take a couple of days to get it in. That was a week ago and now they are telling me that it will be several more days before it arrives. Does the Focus, in general, have a problem with failing alternators? Could that be the reason that the dealership is out of stock and its taking so long to get? It just seems strange for it to take so long to get a part that is usually readily available at any dealership.

·
Registered
433 Posts
all cars have problems, personally haven't had anything wrong wit my alternator...could be taking so long to get it cause its relatively new and they haven't planned on replacing a new alternator that shouldn't be bad in the first place. The focus in general doesn't have any problems or recalls on the alternator that i know of so yers is prolly just a bad egg, it happens.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
My 2006 zx4 has had alot of electrical trouble. When I first got the car late last year I had to leave it parked for about 2 weeks cause I didn't have insurance. When I finally went to drive the car it wouldn't start. I had to take the battery to autozone and get them to charge it. Fastforward to a few weeks ago. I was out and about getting some gas when I realized that my car wasn't accelerating properly. When I got back in the car after filling up things only got worse. The battery, traction control, e brake etc lights all came on. At this point I began heading to the dealer. Half way there the radio went out, the a/c died and I put my flashers on. The car was starting to buck me n stuff and I just barely made and emergency landing at my dealer. They told me it was the alternator, replaced it, got it back the next day, no problems. Now fast forward to thurday. I was getting a light for my bike and while out all the above mentioned things started to go wrong. This time though it got so weak that the transmission couldn't even handle switching to second and when it did it was violent. I was at a light less than a block away from the dealer and the car died on me. Needless to say I was upset. Got the road side service to come tow me to the dealer right before they were closing(literally). They took some notes, told me they had no loaner cars(plenty of loaner bmw's! as it was also a bmw place), and then left me there while sat around waiting on my ride. Thanks for the service! They didn't get to look at the car yesterday and they aren't open on weekends and I'm a college student so I'm gonna have to somehow use my mom's car simultaneously while she uses it to go to two different places at once! I'm hoping it's the frigging battery. HOPING! Cause if this car is gonna start giving me probs I'll sell it in a heartbeat while it's still new! Don't get me wrong, I love my little BeBop, but I gotta get around ya know. Besides I really wanted to get a mazda 3 and i hear they are great! So if anyone has this problem too, let me know cause I have no idea what to do! TY.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts