Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas.

First time posting.. been reading alot before registering. I have a couple problems and need some help.

Car specs: 2000 Focus zts 4Door Zetec

AC

When I turn on the AC the light will turn on.. then off.. on.. off. Therefore I do not get cold air.. not even close. It pushes out air, but not cool. 2 things came to mind.. either I would need to refill the fridgerant, or its electrical since the AC light just blinks. This goes for the AC and the other button with the vehicle and the swirl of a line around it. Any idea's, and how to fix it.

Keypad

Yeah my keypad.. decided to stop working one day. Along with my power locks. Completely confused at this. How would I go about fixing the keypad.. or a simpler question.. where do I find the receiver in the car for the keypad. Power locks not working because of a fuse?

Window

Left-Rear window doesn't want to be controlled from that door. I can control it from the driver door.. This isn't much of a big deal.. but in all honesty my electrical just went to hell. Afraid to take it in and get it all fixed cause god knows how much that'll be. Shootin for some quick search this search that.. look for this kinda stuff.

I'm hoping its only fuses, but if someone has something specific please let me know. I'de appreciate any responses to help. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Sounds like its all electrical and if your lucky it all might be connected to the same circuit.

1. Start by checking ALL your fuses and RELAYS you can find them all in your owners manual.

The window problem can be just your master door switch. If the power works from the door itself and not from the driver seat its most likely the switch.

The keypad situation may be just the transmitter it self on what your using i would say try to reprogram it.
FLIP THE KEY FROM ON TO OFF in the ignition and all the doors should lock and unlock then press one of any buttons on the remote and it should respond then give that a try. If not may be electrical.

Let me know

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey Mike ...

Sounds like you are having a common electrical problem but you need diferent solutions. I mean common like something is messing with you electrical system because it's working at random. Maybe some water or weather damage.

Maybe you can start by checking and testing the corresponding fuses I don't know how to check relay except for the sound and heat. Remember that there are two fuse/relay location one at the driver panel and one in the hood.

For the 'keypad' I read the remote keyless entry system. I lived one year with the same problem and was very easy but hard to correct. Look for fuse #63 it is in the back of the fuse panel. It's a 20 Amp yellow common fuse but really hard to reach. Change that fuse and continue troubleshooting this. Don't forget the button cell battery in the remote.

For the power window, I agree just could be a switch because your master is working. For the A/C maybe just the fuse or the button itself. Check the manual for fuse and relay location. Please be sure you set the control for cold air I can't remember the value but there is a range for the normal temperature operation. When using the A/C check the operation of the second fan by the radiator.

The real problem is to find the causes that are melting your fuses or relays.

I hope this can help you. Good luck !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts