Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an 02 ZX3 cruse does't work , cooling fans don't work , blower only works on high. cooling fans have power but no ground at relays fans work when you ground the ground terminal on relay, fans don't come on when you unplug temp head temp sensor, blower- replaced switch, resister,motor same problem , cruse light on dash doesn't come on. Could these problems be related.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Have an 02 ZX3 cruse does't work , cooling fans don't work , blower only works on high. cooling fans have power but no ground at relays fans work when you ground the ground terminal on relay, fans don't come on when you unplug temp head temp sensor, blower- replaced switch, resister,motor same problem , cruse light on dash doesn't come on. Could these problems be related.
Zetec?
Engine starts/runs?
What transmission?

Paul

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
starts and runs fine , has MTX75 trans, zetec
I cant see how these would be directly related as these systems do not share a fuse or relay that would not affect other systems (thats why I asked if it starts/runs). Did all these systems fail at once or ?

Paul

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
If it was me Id attack the problems as if I had 3 seperate issues - cooling fans, blower fan, and cruise. Id start with the simplest - the blower fan. I know you said you replaced all the components but the lower speeds get their power and ground from the same source as for high speed - they just go thru the blower resistor network (3 resistors) and the switch sets the ground. With ignition switch ON do you have battery voltage on the BLK/ORG wire at the resistor connector?

Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts