Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today i did some welding on my exhaust battery was unhooked hasn't been hooked up for a while it ran perfect before but when i started it and when to go move it, as soon as i touch the brake it stalls, also wipers don't work power windows don't work also heating and cooling the fans don't turn on.... i know some fuses could be blown but car stalling as soon as i push on brake? It recovers if i put it in gear and let the clutch out but steering goes out and brakes are hard making it dangerous for my commuter car.

I drive a 2002 ztw 5 spd :p [wrenchin]

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Start with looking at the fuses on the underhood fusebox

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Brakes & steering will loose power when it stalls, so you can write off those problems.

Replace with an idle issue & the probable fuse one.

Starting with the fuses, go to the under hood box first & pull them out individually to check. I had a similar once & that alone cleaned a contact for perfect behavior for the last 5 yrs since.

Poor idle is tougher, but with it at least a little related to vacuum checking for a vacuum leak would be high on the list. PCV system hoses are at the top for failing the most often.

Second, does it idle up cold then drop down as it warms up? That's the most basic test to tell if the IAC is working at all.

How long has it been sitting? Reg. gas without ethanol in your area? You MIGHT be the third today to have at least a partially frozen fuel line (one Focus, one truck from Canada I've heard about on here).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cold runs fine and i found the problem wires got pulled of ground and 2 fuses blown now fixed but still idle is an issue goes as low as 600rpm when warm i found the pcv hose was collapsed so i changed that no change the only thing i haven't changed is the IAC and looking to get a new fuel filter as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts