Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have a 2006 zx3. Was driving to work a few weeks ago and had a pretty bad electrical short under the dash... eventually I got it home and replaced all the damaged wiring.... checked grounds, fuses, etc. Only unsolved problem I have left is my blinkers and side brake lights don't work (chmbl does) but my hazards do. It's not the turn indicator mechanism, I tested that. I'm pretty adept mechanically. But something is strange here...anyone have a diagram for the exterior lighting system? Also part of my solved problems include me having to replace the instrument cluster and headlight switch, could they be responsible for the blinkers and side brake lights Working? Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
765 Posts
So, I have a 2006 zx3. Was driving to work a few weeks ago and had a pretty bad electrical short under the dash... eventually I got it home and replaced all the damaged wiring.... checked grounds, fuses, etc. Only unsolved problem I have left is my blinkers and side brake lights don't work (chmbl does) but my hazards do. It's not the turn indicator mechanism, I tested that. I'm pretty adept mechanically. But something is strange here...anyone have a diagram for the exterior lighting system? Also part of my solved problems include me having to replace the instrument cluster and headlight switch, could they be responsible for the blinkers and side brake lights Working? Thanks in advance for any help!
Check your hatch wiring.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fixed it thanks, got a subscription from eautorepair... went through all interior wiring testing continuity replacing where needed and confirmed all splices and grounds were correct. Started right up, but that was the last time it started again... making new post I guess 😢

1 - 3 of 3 Posts