Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to eliminate the grill turn signals and get mirror signals, how can I figure what size resistors to put in to avoid hyperflash? I know Grand Prix guys did this for tail light LED's when I was in the club, but I'm not sure how to get the right resistor info. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
That would probably be illegal. I think that the turn signal mirrors need to be there in addition to, not instead of the regular blinkers.
Laws regarding lighting can be very particular. Check it out before you do anything.

·
Registered
793 Posts
it will most likely be illegal, but i had them on my yukon and used a 300 ohm resistor and it worked just fine!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I asked a cop buddy of mine if they would count as the front signals and he was sketchy about it, but said it would probably be one of those "depending on the cop" things. I've had a couple of "illegal" things with my car, but none that comprimise safety so I haven't been bothered yet... I might just run the parking wire to the halos with the resistor so the grill signals only come on as a signal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts