Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anyones got a good write up or tips on completing these installs. keep in mind they are both electric. one question though. are there any stock locations that i can use to screw in the sending units. i dont want to have to drill and tap a new hole. if so, where are these locations. i did search and found some info, but not to much about electric type gauges. if you have any, pics are definitely the most helpful. thanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
oil pressure

theres a location on the engine block by the rear of the coil pack that I'm told will allow you to tap into the oil for oil pressure. Only prob is that the coil pack gets in the way of the sender unit so u have to put a washer between the block and the coil pack holder, and you still will need a short section of hose, or an adapter to fit the sender.
Im preparing to do that install myself, and what I'm doing is I'm buying a few 1/8" NPT adapters now so I can fiddle with it durning my next oil change. I've got a couple 45degree angles, a 90, and a short 1" and 2" section of pipe.
I dont know what I'm goin to need, but this way I can be ready.

·
Registered
48 Posts
So I replaced my thermostat & housing today, and upon closer look, I really dont think that its worth all the effort to move everything, just to install the sender unit for my oil pressure. The space there is so tight.

Instead what I'm going to do is install a coolant temp gauge. I'll spend some time tomorrow looking for a nice spot to drill a hole for the sender.
Anyone have any suggestions for this?

·
Registered
58 Posts
let me know as well.... i need to find a place to screw into for my oil pressure gauge, although mine is mechanical, can i still tap into that spot behind the coil pack? do u have pics?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just did mine. Sorry i dont got any pics but it was kind of a pain in the ass for me. I used the hole where the stock sender is located(to the left of the oil filter) and used a 4inch nipple with a T on the end coming from the stock location. On the top of the t i put the stock sender and on the bottom i put the electric sender. I can get my oil filter off just fine with the way its set up. I believe all the pipe is 3/4inch NPT. I might be able to get some pics of my set up hopefully soon if i can figure out how to post them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts