Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, i am confused on why everyone is bashing elec. turbos, i mean, no one has ever really discussed WHY they do not "work". in my mind it makes sense, a big enough motor pushing enough air into your intake, gives you a better boost right? if not let me know, i have found these little attachments online everywhere and am half tempted to get one and try it for myself. if someone can, let me know pros if any, and cons of these things. thanks

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
ok there's no need to post more than one thread about exactly the same subject. think about what you'd be doing. spending 30 bucks to gain how much hp? if they worked that well wouldn't u think everybody would have them???

·
Registered
753 Posts
I saw the leaf blower video too.They had the car (I think it was a Civic) on a dyno and did a without pull and then stuck the leaf blower in the intake and made quite a bit more power.They also did it with an S10 pickup.Problem with the electric "blowers" is they don't generate enough volume to be effective.

·
Registered
958 Posts
i thought it was that there was too much parasitic drain on the car to make them effective...since it runs on electricity...the power has to come from somewhere...meaning that the alternator has to work harder to produce the necessary current to make it work...i imagine is why it doesnt make sense...

read through THIS ...u may have to scroll down to find the electric supercharger/turbocharger info

·
Registered
420 Posts
I know the pervious owner of my car had one on my focus. alot of people told me that you could feel it when it was on.

I'm tempted to just try one. Or asking someone else too. It's not that fact of whether it's a waste of money...it's whether it works, or not.

Why wouldn't this work?

Something pushing air into the intake,and more air going through the TB..would result in some form of a "boost" yes?

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
be our guinea pig!!!!
buy these electric turbos and install them. go have your car dynoed before and after. that will be the only way to end the bashing of this subject.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'm in WI...

I don't have any idea where the nearest DYNO is

·
Registered
753 Posts
That actually is interesting reading.They are certainly NOT like the Ebay electric blowers.E-Ram states 27hp gains for 600 bucks.Dollar for dollar,that's not bad.I don't know anyone with one.I read some of the customer reviews and most of the 4 cyl. cars were reporting 10hp gains and better top end pull in the lower gears.It would be interesting to see one on a dyno.Who wants to be the Guinea pig???

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,844 Posts
Why NOT LETS DO THIS SHITT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HECK YA LOL

This is what i know about ebay ones for 120 dollars they die is water hits it and if you going 70 and you flip the switch and then the car goes 80 but we know what that is, just more air being forced but at WOT that shit made no diffrence now i know for a fact on my buddys RX-8 he got that E ram for 600 not the 300 one the 1.7 psi one and he had like 21 hp to the wheels but idk of 600 is worth it i would rather the N02 giggle gas for 200 more lol.

·
Registered
420 Posts
What the heck did u just say? ^^^

and an Rx-8 is diff. from a Foci my young grasshoppa

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
see thats the thing, ive yet to see anyone actually come out and say, "i tried this, and it doesnt work". so i think we do need a guinea pig and a donation bucket!

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,844 Posts
Hey Donate ill get it hooked up im going to get a dynotune today ill post my numbers now then ill post the numbers after the install if we can get a donation going ill pay for the eletrical install and ill put another 50 to purchase.

·
Registered
20 Posts
FocusBoy58 said:
Hey Donate ill get it hooked up im going to get a dynotune today ill post my numbers now then ill post the numbers after the install if we can get a donation going ill pay for the eletrical install and ill put another 50 to purchase.
Frankly, with your list of mods, it will not be a "typical" result.

You need a bone stock car to do this to get an accurate reading of what the "typical" results would be.

Due to the increased airflow of your current setup, you may not see the gains that a car with no air flow mods would see by the increased intake pressure.

Just my $0.02

Rod

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.