Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
search ~ electric supercharger, turbonator, leaf blower

This has been discussed hundreds of times. But to answer you directly, no, it does not work.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Poney said:
adds about as much HP as a APC winshield banner
hahahaha too funny. you made me laugh...

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
Actually, I think the APC wins in the HP poll, because the electric supercharger restricts airflow when not activated....when activated, it gives you the HP back, so you are not faster at all, just back to where you started, but it will feel like a boost, lol

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
^^^ AT least.. I ran my mustang against this guy once. He had the APC banner the stretches across the whole windshield. MAN , he was gone like a rocket.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
i thought leaf blowers worked? isnt there a vid on streetfire with a dyno of a guy putting a leaf blower on his intake and he got like 15 whp

·
Premium Member
21,235 Posts
IF you do search the internet for an electric supercharger, there is one that does work. It's nearly as expensive as a motor driven supercharger, and the electrical upgrades that you'd have to provide for it to run full time make it outrageously expensive and inconvenient. The guy who invented it even says in his description that you can't run the supercharger all the time. It's designed to be turned on when needed like nitrous, and compared to NO2- it's more expensive, gives less power, and more of a hassle to install.

Here you go The Thomas Knight Electric Supercharger which is an Eaton supercharger run by 3 re-wound starter motors pulling 400amps when running. As an electrician, I'm wondering where in the world you could fit the 500 kcmil wire that's needed to run 400 amps [scratch]. Now that the price of copper has gone up 300%, I'd imagine that this product is no longer on the market.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I made an electric S/C out of a travel hairdryer. First I cut a hole in my airbox to insert the blower part, then I drilled a hole through my firewall and threaded the plug through it and plugged it up into my cigarette lighter socket.

It added at LEAST 90 perceived horsepower.

The only thing that sucked is I accidentally put it in with the heat setting to "high". Once I turned the heat setting ot off, it gained another 20 perceived horsepower.

The kit for the install is on ebay... I can post links if you want... while you're there, you might also want to check out my "fog light mod" kit.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Goat Roper said:
Somebody lock this thing up, please
Amen to that brother!! LOL .... hey wait, your a mod, can't you lock it?? wtf??????? LOL

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Works great.
Buy 3 and put them in series and you'll have a cascaded HP effected as one will increase the others HP.
(3.14 times diameter)+length times fan blade length / 6.28 = HP gained.

Add a turbonator with that and look out STi.

·
Registered
549 Posts
thats funny,i heard if you win ride of the year, you get all tom's priveleges for the year...i guess not......[8]

·
Registered
94 Posts
I just found this product on google. It says it adds a 2psi boost. I don't think it would pull that much power, its just a blower running on 12v that puts out 250cfm according to their site.

Note: I am not saying I like this product.

Also, isn't there a car that comes with an electric supercharger? I thought I heard about one, maybe a MR2?

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
I am locking this. This is probably the biggest POS I've ever seen on ebay. Absolultely NO use, complete crap and yeah............

LOCKED.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.