Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend gave me what is called. [8] An Electric Supercharger [8] . I hooked it up and everything, but I'm not sure if its making a difference. It feels like it is, but if I drop the RPM's back down to an idle speed the engine dies because of running too lean. So should I yank it off or leave it on?

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
atleast you weren't dumb enough to pay for it. It is one of those scam things. Throw that bitch away.

·
Late for Dinner
15,332 Posts
GET RID OF THE POS! these things are a big waste of money and time. think hooking up a hairdryer to the intake helps, basically all these things amount to. reason the car is dying at idle is its pushing more air than the car needs(altho not alot, just enough). a real supercharger will be at vacuum at idle and boost at wot.

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
goinloco1 said:
GET RID OF THE POS! these things are a big waste of money and time. think hooking up a hairdryer to the intake helps, basically all these things amount to. reason the car is dying at idle is its pushing more air than the car needs(altho not alot, just enough). a real supercharger will be at vacuum at idle and boost at wot.
i wonder if you could get it to run off your tps or something, so it turns off and on when you need it to[???:)]

probably still won't do enough to actually tell

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I really do FEEL the difference. And It has increased my MPG by about 8+. I'm just wondering if it actually causes damage at all.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
convert it to a hamster wheel, with boost crying at your fingertip and a button.

they love stuff like that. All you need is 2 or 4 lantern batteries.

·
Registered
864 Posts
hahahhahahahahahahahahaha.

dussin that is awsome!!

but serously take that thing off. waste of money and time, and probobly the only differece you are feeling is that you are running lean which will kill your engine

·
Registered
71 Posts
lol thats funny yea that parts found next to the head light fluid dipstick and the fluxcupasiter right.

·
Registered
61 Posts
its f#$%in cracy that people acually pay $250-300 on ebay for those things.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Sell it to a honda guy.

·
Registered
287 Posts
if you have access to a dyno, i would love to see some number of just an open intake and the little blower thing.

honestly, i think that its just in your head that you think you feel a difference in power. similar to some patients being given simple "sugar pills" but told they are normal medicine, the patients believe it and the mind is tricked and "feels" better

·
Registered
613 Posts
yeah the only electrics SCs that work cost as much as a regular SC
they usually have 3 HEAVY motors on them and are not built to run
constantly, eletric superchargers are VERY REAL
but until technology is better, not too usefull

·
Registered
92 Posts
I second what Kyllgore says. Electric SC's will come around one day its just a matter of time. There are some out there that work well but they draw to much power off the engine and they are expensive and heavy. They will probably be around hen we no longer have cams and all valves are run with electric solenoids. Take that thing off and maybe use it to blow up air beds or something.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
st200 said:
I second what Kyllgore says. Electric SC's will come around one day its just a matter of time. There are some out there that work well but they draw to much power off the engine and they are expensive and heavy.
The ones I was familiar with used a seconary power supply. and Yes it is indeed heavy, (and expensive) and is much comparable to nitrous. It will provide 6-8 psi of uncooled boost, for about a dozen or so runs of 15 seconds or so.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts