Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Keyless Start?

Anyone put one of these on there cars? Wandering also how hard it is to rig up? I didnt see any posts on it before... But im thinking of doing it... I usualy let my car idle for about 15 minutes before i go drive... but yeh it'd be easier if i could just start it from my room... so anyone done this before?

Smitty

·
Registered
491 Posts
Why do you let your car idle 15 minutes before you drive it? I hope you do this in winter only. Get it done professionally, seriously.

It's called remote starter.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Always let my car warm up. kinda like a habbit now. My old car it was a must, or so the person who built the engine told me. Told me to let it idle for a little bit before taking it out.

Smitty

·
Registered
71 Posts
if you have anything seriously done to your car then walk away from it, it makes your car easier to steal because you have to disable the chip

·
Registered
491 Posts
#1, Foci are not highly stolen cars.
#2, Theives are less likely to steal a car with mods. The car stands out if reported stolen because the owner can differentiate the car from stock cars.
#3, If someones going to steal a car, they'll steal it wether or not it has a remote starter or not.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Um... *push button* car starts .... walk away.... hmmm come back. * push button to UNLOCK doors * get in ;) but yeah i do this in the morning usualy or on the weekend after not driving... and 90% of the time it's in my barrack's parking lot... so yeah most people dont mess with my car ;)

Smitty

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
See people under estimate me... Im good at wiring and doing things right... just wondering how hard it is since i've never done it... not hard to follow directions or a schematic. I rewired a 87 pontiac to 02 wiring. hence all new wiring... and had no problem there.

Anyway maybe ill jsut get it installed prof.

Smitty

·
Registered
738 Posts
It sounds like u are wiring capable. Just remember this is a profesional job. They don't let just anyone at the shop do remote starters. U have to have fingerprints on record to legally do any alarm install.

·
Registered
205 Posts
To do a remote start on ur focus it should be better to let a shop do it. On top of that u need to get an extra key to go in the transponder box needed with the remote start unit. Like the guys say, let a professional do it. I work at Circuit city and i have been doing them for about a year and a half and sometimes they get tricky, but dont risk any electrical issues.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I know that is the law in California. Now I also know that hardley anyone ever obeys that law here in Cali either. And yes I know we have alot of laws here in Cali.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts