Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i've got a 2003 FF 1.6 and i've bought it with a defective elec. motor for the windows, the mechanic said it just jumps out of contact sometimes because if i press the button rapidly it will open the window a little bit. Then when i wanna close it i have to press the button rapidly again. Can someone post a link for where to buy a new one, or something that i can solve this problem? I could'nt find any useful information, noob here. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Probably the brushes going out, have you tried an auto parts store for a new motor
Will check, havent yet, if i wont find anything in the store ill try going to a junk yard, but i would rather buy a new one, i checked eBay and Amazon.. nothing. I dont know other sites to buy this motor from.

·
Registered
17,467 Posts
And junkyard motor might be considered one of the parts that may work long and well, unlike some things you just don't get from there. Find one that hasn't been underwater forever, you can tell by how clean the outside is and the terminals.

The motor is generally sold as part of the window regulator assembly when new.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And junkyard motor might be considered one of the parts that may work long and well, unlike some things you just don't get from there. Find one that hasn't been underwater forever, you can tell by how clean the outside is and the terminals.

The motor is generally sold as part of the window regulator assembly when new.
Yeah true that. Can the regulator be screwed off?

·
Registered
4,416 Posts

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
"British" or odd translation phrasing, he's from Slovenia.

Regulator & motor may be separated (unscrewed or screwed off) - amc commented on them being sold as an assembly but parts are apparently separable.

·
Registered
17,467 Posts
Yes they are, here they will sell regulator as a whole or just motor.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Check the second page replies, you apparently missed them seeing Marde's post at the end of the first page.

Luck

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Check the second page replies, you apparently missed them seeing Marde's post at the end of the first page.

Luck
Yeah i did haha, my bad, so if they can be bought separated can you give me a link or something where i can buy it? Is there a website with parts for mk1 focus? I prefer a new one over the junk yard one, but it depends on the price.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts