Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with my car being a power everything , i noticed since i have had it, get in start car, take off , door locks DONT lock on there own which seems unusual for a 2005 vehicle.

from the FOB , things lock or unlock as expected , from the switches on either door inside , doors lock and unlock as asked for. things appear

BUT yet it doesnt lock the doors when i take off and drive. is this Normal or unexpected behavior?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
That feature could be turned off on the MkI, likely the same on your Mk1.5.

Can't remember if mentioned in my prev. MkI manual, instructions should be somewhere in here or the Interior Mods section.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That feature could be turned off on the MkI, likely the same on your Mk1.5.

Can't remember if mentioned in my prev. MkI manual, instructions should be somewhere in here or the Interior Mods section.
ill do some poking around the Interior Mods section and see what i can find. ill have to see if i can find the MKi manual.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what ended up working is this for my '05 to toggle them on / off:

You will have 30 seconds to complete the whole procedure (found most of it in my manual)

1) Turn the ignition on
2) Press the lock button on the door three times
3) Turn the ignition off
4) Press the lock button on the door three times
5) Turn the ignition on again (you should hear a beep and the confirms your in programming mode)

Now that your in the programming mode, each press of the lock button on the door will toggle the autolocking on or off

6) turn the ignition off.

start car and go for a test drive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts