Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

if you like it and want to see the rest of the front, let me know. Ill post more.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
it nice

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
Cool. Tint the tails black, too.
Just curious, why the plate over a plate in back?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i figured most people wouldnt really dig the gt race car look with the yellow headlights. This is actually my second attempt. Well the first wasnt really an attempt, I just oversprayed them originally and they looked like crap. But second time around, i went to it with a sander at 220, 400, 800, 1000 grit. Then two coats of dupliplex metalcaster spray, then two coats of clearcoat to protect and give it a shine.

And damn is it soo much better, though i need to work on the passenger side again, i am very please. Also going to do the same treatment to the fogs since they are just sprayed and not sanded.

Inspiration were cars like the gt3, bmw gtr, ferrari 360 challenge.

Here are some more pics.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dcl2049 said:
Cool. Tint the tails black, too.
Just curious, why the plate over a plate in back?
my friend suggested the nightshade too, i might have him photoshop it, to see if I like it. The rear europlate is one I had from my old corrado, so i figured since the car is technically european and has the eurohatch with the fitment for the plate, ill just put it on.

Oh and just incase anyone was wondering, since I have the eurogrille obviously I dont have turn signals so what i did was......

took a stock zx3 grill I had, originally cut off just the turn signal parts, then had ziptied them in there, but yesterday I took the whole bulb assembly out. Then wrapped the bottom portion of the harness before the connector in electrical tape, then sprayed the bulbs yellow. Voila problem solved, obviously you cant see them behind the grille and they are ziptied on, and work wonderfully.

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
I like it, the onlt thing I would change? The rear strip on the hatch would be color matched. Other than that, nice ride.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
eurotrashvrt said:

Inspiration were cars like the gt3, bmw gtr, ferrari 360 challenge.

Ferrari 360 Modena Challenge Stradale

Sorry I had to nit pick, being a Ferrari freak myself.

You should have put the #88 Ferrari 550M IMSA GTS

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you got me on that one, though i wasnt to specific ont he gt3 either. Should have put Porsche gt3 rs in this case. Yesterday I was thinking how sweet neon blue wheels would be, just like the porsches, haha.

Reminds, the aston martin dbr9. hmm.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
I would have gone with a red tint and scared the crap out of everybody coming down the road. w00t! [woot]

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Well, it's different I will give you that much. Do I like it? No but it's yours not mine.

·
AAAHHHHH!!!!
4,304 Posts
SuperFocusMan said:
Ferrari 360 Modena Challenge Stradale

Sorry I had to nit pick, being a Ferrari freak myself.

You should have put the #88 Ferrari 550M IMSA GTS
sorry to nit pick, but he was right the first time. the challenge stradale is a road car. the 360 modena challenge is a race car and is the car he was talking about.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts