Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which would be better to have in a ZX3 that has only 1.5 drop, The Eibach Pro-Dampers or the SVT struts and shocks? Thanks for the help !!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Only a 1.5 in drop?!!! That is far enough. Any farther and you are going to seriously jeopardize your ride quality and suspension geometry.

I would probably go with the Eibachs myself. More adjustability.

·
Registered
793 Posts
1.5" isnt that much, my drop sits around 2" and I wish it were more, you can barely tell its dropped. I would go with the Eibach tho because most of their stuff is designed around a 1.5" drop that their pro springs provide.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
seriously, beowulf... i have the H&R cup kit (advertised 2.7" drop) and NOTHING has been sacrificed. i love the ride.

to answer your question, though, blackandgold, i'd go with the eibach pro-dampers. the svt struts/shocks are good, but there's a reason there is an aftermarket... *psst... better than stock!!* heh

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
do u autocross? i'm getting H&R sport springs and Koni adjustable shocks

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you are directing that question to me Solaris...No I don't autocross. I am mainly putting this car together more for show than go. EVeryone seems to think Eibach. The reason I compared the two is because they are both in the same price range I was looking at.

·
Mr. Wizard
937 Posts
Hardly notice a two inch drop? huh, I saw a zx3 with the SVT springs and S2 dampers, and it was very noticeable...and it only drops 1 inch. Perhaps your springs were installed incorrectly, or they haven't settled yet, a 2 inch drop with 17" wheels will rub, no doubt.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
RPIJG said:
a 2 inch drop with 17" wheels will rub, no doubt.
wrong. i don't know where you got your info, but seriously, it won't. i had the cup kit (again, advertised 2.7" drop) on my zx3, with 18's (wrapped in 215/35 rubber) and never rubbed once. [thumb]

·
Registered
123 Posts
That may be, but I dont know. Our suspensions aren't intended for that much change. I would be willing to bet your stressing something. I just cant believe you can drop your car over 2.5" with out changing something else somewhere, and with out putting something in some pretty good stress. Of course I am in Missouri. I would have to see the car in front of me to completely believe it.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
scironzts said:
wrong. i don't know where you got your info, but seriously, it won't. i had the cup kit (again, advertised 2.7" drop) on my zx3, with 18's (wrapped in 215/35 rubber) and never rubbed once. [thumb]
whats the offset of those 18's?...

·
Mr. Wizard
937 Posts
18's that don't rub with a more than 2.5" drop, something sounds seriously wrong there.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
18x7.5 TSW Hock R's, 42mm offset. no rubbing at all with the H&R Cup Kit (2.7" advertised drop).

·
Registered
97 Posts
My boyfriend knows a guy that works with a company that deals with eibach. He gets stuff at cost so i asked him how much it'd cost for a set of shocks and struts and he said i should just get the SVT shocks and struts.

·
Mr. Wizard
937 Posts
you can get SVT springs for 20 bucks brand new, so the struts shouldn't be far behind that

·
Registered
814 Posts
Hey RPIJG, where can you find the springs for that cheap? Gotta link? Contact?

·
Registered
42 Posts
good luck getting SVT shocks/struts if you decide to go that way. think about it, pretty much the only way to get them as of now is from someone who upgrade the suspension on their SVT, and there aren't that many svts on the road, and how many of them do you think are gonna have the already almost perfect suspension upgraded? but anyway.....

i'd say go with the eibachs. I finally got mine last month and the handling is unbelievable. yeah you can feel every little bump in the road, but it's so responsive and tight that it doesn't matter, and they still give a comfortable ride.

on a side note.... i let my mechanic who road races a mustang drive my car, and he was shocked at how good it handled. and he hates 4cyl/FWD cars. before i got the shocks i would've been embarassed to drive past him cause he'd have seen the bouncing.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Thom I was able to find a set fairly cheap but passed on them realizing Christmas is coming up soon and I have to buy OTHER people gifts. You live right up the road from me. I finished college up at Kutztown University. You should know where that is at!! So which mechanic you go to??

·
Mr. Wizard
937 Posts
Thom said:
good luck getting SVT shocks/struts if you decide to go that way. think about it, pretty much the only way to get them as of now is from someone who upgrade the suspension on their SVT, and there aren't that many svts on the road, and how many of them do you think are gonna have the already almost perfect suspension upgraded? but anyway.....

i'd say go with the eibachs. I finally got mine last month and the handling is unbelievable. yeah you can feel every little bump in the road, but it's so responsive and tight that it doesn't matter, and they still give a comfortable ride.

on a side note.... i let my mechanic who road races a mustang drive my car, and he was shocked at how good it handled. and he hates 4cyl/FWD cars. before i got the shocks i would've been embarassed to drive past him cause he'd have seen the bouncing.
This wasn't that hard, I called my dealership and said, I'd like a new set of SVT shocks and struts, and I don't want to get bent over. (helps if you know the parts people when you say this.) Shocks and struts for all four corners is gonna run me a hell of a lot less than the eibachs. 280 for the eibachs, and I went all the way around for 150.

·
Registered
248 Posts
So has anyone actually lowered a ZX3 or Sedan with SVT struts/shocks and SVT springs. If so, do you have pics? I am very interested in doing this in the spring.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts