Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello friends,

Sorta new to the boards, been reading lots but not much posting, was just curious about both the Eibach Pro System Plus and the Eibach Sport System Plus.

Is their a real difference between the two outside of ride height and price? I'm assuming the Sport System being lower would ride stiffer, is this correct? And why would it be cheaper then the Pro System Plus? I'm guessing maybe it's cuz of less material needed to make the product.

Anyways, thanks for taking th time to read my post and thanks in advance for any info you can give me.

Btw, my car is completely bone stock right now, but I'm setting up a list of some things I'd like to do before then end of the year and suspension is one of them. :)

Edited because my spelling sucks harder then a clogged air filter...

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I have the sportlines as well, and love them! there is a difference in the drop between the two, read the Eibach site for more info. Some places sell the sportlines $10-20 cheaper, but this is probably due to demand/overstock issues not the amount of material. For more info on the eibach spring on the focus try the search button or this link.
There are probably thousands of posts on the subject, and all you need is this powerfull tool to access all of the past posts on the topic. Happy reading!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help guys (and gal ;), I see a Sportlines kit in my future.. :)

Oh and btw, I did use the search, I use the search before I ask any questions at all, that's why this place ain't covered with questions from me lol.

·
Registered
25,620 Posts
You rebel ^^ I deactivated the belt minder as well.. Good mod, the thing drove me nuts... I have the eibach full kit as well, very happy with it!

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
The Sportlines also have a progressive spring rate, as opposed to the linear rate of the Pros.

The weird thing is the minimum rate of the front springs on the sportlines is the same as the rate on the pros, and then the maximum rate on the rear sportlines is the same as the pros, I digress.

Here's the rates:

Eibach Pro: 1.5”
F: 137 lb/in
R: 171 lb/in

Eibach Sportline: 2”
F: 131~262 lb/in
R: 102~171 lb/in

1 - 8 of 8 Posts