Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think about droping front for 2" and back 2.2". Would that be enough or not.
PLEASE[?|] [???:)]

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
COME ON, anybody droped treir FOCUS. How much did you do and are you setisfied with it.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I have a 1.8in drop, since i run 40 series tires, i kinda wish i went with a 2.0 drop, definetly. BUT BUT BUT make sure you put in new shocks/struts and a camber kit AT THE TIME of spring install. You'll save on install costs majorly, and it must be done. I've already camber wore out my rear tires to all hell and my ride is majorly bumpy on stock dampers.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Yes with that much of a drop you will need a camber kit

What do you mean by 'enough'? Enough for what?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
18 is a very big wheel for the focus, 215/35/18 tires are really really thing, they're begging for you to hit a pothole. i wouldn't go more than 2.0 on the focus though, 1.5-2.0 is perfect depending on your tire size.

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
I went 1.5" with Steeda and KW dampners. It leveled the car out very nicely, got rid of the "high" ass end. I went to 205/50/16 tires ( plenty big enough for me) and I believe it looks good and gives a nice but firm ride.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
A two inch plus drop will really stress stock shocks and struts (dampers). Such a drop will significantly shorten a stock dampers travel and you will either be riding on the bump stops or be bottoming the damper. Neither is good. One good hit will damage the valving mechanism and your damper will be toast. You should seriously consider using a damper that has a shortened body (to maintain adequate travel) with that amount of drop.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got the eibach 2" front and 2.25" rear joined with one of the best shocks on the market, Koni Yellow fully adjustable Shock. The result, absolutely horrible. I'm not sure why, but it feels like the shock is not only hitting the bump stop but bottoming out completely. I totally do not recommend getting the Sportline kit unless you get a short shafted shock.

-Nuno

1 - 12 of 12 Posts