Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did they fit like crap in the front for anyone else? I sort of made them work and now the DS pops when I turn more than about 1 revolution. All of my stock rubber pieces are on the eibach springs exactly where they should be. I think I may take everything apart tomorrow after work.. I was told they would shut up and settle after a while but it has been about 500 miles now[:(]

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
There something wrong with the springs or you didn't put them in right. I am sure we both have the same springs since there are only like two different types out there Steeda and Eibach and mine work just fine and actually got pretty stiff when they settled.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I ordered them from Steeda. However, they didn't have time to paint them blue. They said for 2006 Focus in the little sublet thing in the box. I noticed that the last coil on the bottom looked a bit different.. It fit good for the most part, that little difference seemed to lean the springs over. What was the part number do I need to look for? I'm going to check 4 times.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
The Eibach part# for the later '05 and up should be 35108.140 for the Pro kit. The front coil spring is tapered where the older Focus springs are basically straight up. We just put a Pro kit on an '06.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
b16sir1991 said:
The Eibach part# for the later '05 and up should be 35108.140 for the Pro kit. The front coil spring is tapered where the older Focus springs are basically straight up. We just put a Pro kit on an '06.
You ran into no fitment issues?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
EggYolkBill said:
Ok, I have a question. How will the installation of these springs affect the ability to get a proper alignment?
If you can wait a few weeks (I'm waiting for everything to settle) I'll have an answer for you. Just on a visual inspection, my rear camber seems to be wacked out. I cant tell on the front.

To my problem, I took everything apart and back together.. No more noises to note[scratch]

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rich's ZX4 said:
How do you like the ride with the eibach pro kit??

thanks
rich
It seems pretty close to stock (I had the "European" suspension). It is a bit more firm, but nothing no one else can notice. It actually seems way more spongy over speed bumps. It takes smooth turns the same, but has drastically improved the stability in rough cornering.

Compared to my SHO, it rides like butter! It feels similar to my mom’s SVT Contour, but a bit more refined.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay, so a few weeks turned into a few months... I've had them on for a good 4,000 miles. Still pop if I hit a speed bump when turning. Just put it on the alignment rack (work has been slow for once!) Here's the result:

Camber is 100% A-okay! I did burst out in excitement when seeing all the camber in green[:D] Only problem is that it was toed in like a mofo! I should probably work on my front a bit more, I didnt have all my tools with me so I sort of half assed it. I was only prepared to do the back since it was wearing alarmingly fast compared to the front. All that needed to be fixed (luckily because it is the only thing I have stock adjustment for) is the tow.

As for the tire wear: It was all even. The bad toe was, for the most part, eating my tires mostly the same. If I get some odd camber wear in the back I'll just toe them in to scrub the outside shoulders again[thumb]

I hope the people who were waiting for this still remember[confused]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts