Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Here's a link to a How to: on doing this. It has most of the information and tools that you need to do this with written down in it. And good luck with the install, hope it goes well for you.

http://www.focushacks.com/index.php?modid=54

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Personally I would not suggest doing this unless you are real mechanically inclined. Messing with the spring compressor is a real big deal, and if you mess up there, you can ahve some MAJOR problems.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Its not that hard, but the spring compressing is alittle scary. I did it myself, i went and bought those spring compressors at autozone. If you do decide to do it yourself be extra carefull with that part.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
we didnt use a spring compressor when we did mine. we just stood back...and poped them off. they really didnt bounce around like you would expect. they just poped out, hit the ground and bounced off. just watch out, and you can do it.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
work on cars all the time and i do mechanical work every day ive just never changed springs like this before the springs on our units are a little differnt then car springs so i just checking up. i have never paid anyone to do any work for me before and unless something happens to me i neve plan on paying someone to work on my car. thanks for the help guys. feel free to keep informing me on your experiences

1 - 6 of 6 Posts