Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to decide what kind of springs to put on my new KYB AGX dampers. I have a 03 SVT with stock rims on it. I don't plan on changing the tire size from the stock 215/45/17s. Do you think I will have rubbing issues with Eibach Sportlines on my car or no?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I don't know about rubbing but I've heard bad things in general about the sportlines. Lots of people have said they have a bad ride. If you're gonna do a 2" drop my 2 cents from calling around/reading around is H&R Race with KYB AGX adj. or Konis.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I am trying to decide what kind of springs to put on my new KYB AGX dampers. I have a 03 SVT with stock rims on it. I don't plan on changing the tire size from the stock 215/45/17s. Do you think I will have rubbing issues with Eibach Sportlines on my car or no?
Yes - you will have rubbing issues. My brother had Sportlines in my 02 SVT before I bought it, and he had rubbing on both front wheels. The ride was also rock-hard.
He switched to the pro kit springs and the ride is much nicer, and it still sits nicely lower than stock. I've got a nice side-view pic I'll post.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'd say go with the Pro kit springs. They still drop it quite a bit, but the ride is a lot better. I don't know how much it varies between the ZTS and SVT, though.

·
Uber sexy euro time
2,827 Posts
I'm rolling 215/35/18's with sportlines and haven't had any rubbing issues.

I don't know how much it varies between the ZTS and SVT, though.
The sportlines will still lower the svt just as much as the stock focus, you just minus the .75" from the 2" drop. So technically they only lower it 1.25".

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Sure you want the race springs? They have very high spring rates 325 lbs/in front and 375 in the rear. That will compromise ride quality significantly. After all they are a race spring not a street spring. Might feel nice for a while but could get old real quick. If you want to go that low and not have an overly stiff ride the Tein S's might be a better compromise (157 F, 179 R). Progress springs might be a good choice too. They lower 1.8 inches and have springs rates of 142 f and 160 rear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts