Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 ZX3 tryed to put the Eibach kit on and the front springs look way different then the stock ones. Is it suppose to look this way? At the bottom where it connects to the strut it does not tapper down. I am trying to finish this today so please someone help me as fast as you can!?!

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Check the box for a part # if its 35108.140 then its the right kit, if not you got the older kit.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
That sucks man.

The only thing I can think of maybe they still dont have it right.

You might have to wait to call eibach on monday.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am thinking your right, I am having a hard time explaining my problem on here. Hopefully I can do it better on the phone, LOL. Thanks for the help though.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
I get what your saying, the springs are not taperd like the stockers so they are not fitting correctly into the cup.

Who did you order them from?

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
You know now that i looked again that part # is for the prokit, not sportlines so you migh not even have the right springs that you wnated.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did not check the part number you said, I checked the part number on my box earlier today and called a local shop to double check them. Then went online and checked it again.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So noone here knows if the top of the front spring should look just like the bottom?

·
Registered
265 Posts
lol..i got the pro kit..i had the same problem as you..so i just jerry rigged it to work..i put the springs in (like you would on an older version of teh foci) and took a nice hammer and banged the shiznit outta the bottom of the cup to make sure it wouldn't slide off..they haven't and i've been driving around (crazy and regular) for about 3 months with them that way..i woudln't recommend this..i would definentally tell them to send you the right ones..and tell your shop to send those back (free of charge to you) for not dbl checking and making sure thye would fit.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
So did you get the new ones orderd yet?

I want to make sure when I buy these springs they are gonna fit the first time.

ie. no rigging required. lol

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes the new ones were ordered today. Eibach seems to have forgoten to inform their vendors of the change. Everyone I talked to said the part number on Eibach's site says 2000 - 2006. Although when I called Eibach they said NO that is not the right kit. So I went to where I baught it and they called Eibach, Eibach then told them they would send the kit free shipping to make it good. So I will let everyone know in a few days when I get the right kit in.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
^^
Sweet post pics when you get done, I will be getting the prokit myself b/c I will scrape everywhere with sportlines.

Oh and please post a pic of the springs before you put them on, that way we can compare the shape to other kits to make sure they are the right ones before we start the install.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
you scrape with sportlines?? do you have rims? i just put sportlines on mine yesturday, so i hope i don't have the same problem.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
No I dont have either, I am just judging by looking at your pics that you posted. My driveway has a pretty steep downward slope right off the road so I know I will scrape there. Also my last focus had coilovers, it was dropped about the height of the pro kit and I was fine with that.

I like the look of the sportlines but I cant sacrifice being able to drive into my own driveway for it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes I will post pics all around. I just bought this Focus and did not want to post pics till it was done. I have had it for a week and would of had most everything done this weekend if I would of had the right springs. My exhaust is on order and should be here this week sometime. TV, DVD, Stereo system, K&N CAI all installed just waiting on other things to come in and I will post pics.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Sweet.

If you have to just post the pics of the springs so we can compare with others.

So how about shooting some cash this way.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts