Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
FRPP springs drop the same and only cost $100.
Just remember, if your going to drop you need to shock.
For about $100 more you can have a complete FRPP setup.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Check out Tousley Ford Parts depot under the Ford Racing section, chassis, suspension - Focus.
the top two part numbers are the ones you want.
Part # M-18000-ZX3B
and #M-5560-ZX3B

dont worry about it saying fits 05-07 focus, it also fits our generation of car.
I have been using these parts for 8 months / 22K miles now with no problems.
Just make sure you get the "3B" parts as they are the ones that fit.
It even looks like the price has come down a little since I got my parts from there.
Good luck.

·
R.I.P Kona
12,868 Posts
And the info on tirerack site is wrong about the drop. Sportliness are 2.0-2.2.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Lowering sprins bought , need strut shocks and rear sway bar

hello ,

Guys I need some help . Just bought a Eibach sportline 4,10835 lowering kit for my 2008 Focus , and now I need also to upgrade all the other parts..

Can you please tell me what else I should be purchasing to make those springs worth while? And also can you please state the producer and the model I need , because I can't seem to find anything:(

Thank you

Regards,

Alin

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
^^^ The biggest problem with our 2nd gen cars is there is a big lack of choices when it comes to replacement shocks/struts. The other problem is that the sportlines are a soft spring and they drop 2"+ and they will destroy most shocks quicker then other springs on the market.
off the top of my head, i know the FRPP shocks will work but I don't know for how long.
as to other parts you will need that really all depends on your car, you may end up needing camber corrections both front and rear.
In the front you would need camber plates for the strut mounts and in the rear you might have to install camber shim plates, adjustable upper bolts or adjustable upper arms. Its impossible to tell as all our cars are a little different and not every car needs them.
Hopefully someone with more suspension knowledge will pop up soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
thanks

thanks

I honestly hope that I won't need all of these, because it is so hard for me to have the parts ..Most of the times, the shipping is equal to the products ordered :( So , it's not an easy game for me

But what doesn't a man in love with his car do? :))

As far I have read on the forums, FRRP is the only solution . So I will have to accept it as it is .

Thanks again for the answer :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts