Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone has this kit??

I ordered this kit. Should be in, in a couple weeks.

I was also wondering if there was any how to's on to install all this. Im sure i can do it id just rather be sure.

DAN

·
Registered
545 Posts
i have the eibach pro kit w/out the plug, which is basically the same kit but different springs and no sway bars.

The springs and dampers are pretty simple, just take a while.... basically take the old ones off and put the new ones on... simple as that.

Same goes for rear sway bar, which should take less than 20 minutes once you got your car in the air. You will love this suspension stuff once you get through the install, i take can take corners at least 15 mph faster than i used to when my car was stock, and my car doesn't care at all. Congrats.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awsome i cant wait. The kit should be in on June 4. I was ordering rims but there was an 8 week wait so i said forget it. Ill spen the $1000 somewhere else.
So i figured if im gonna lower my car might aswell get everything.

·
Registered
813 Posts
If I recall correctly, on a 2003 ZX with a Zetec the front sway bar is pretty difficult to remove. There should be a how-to around here somewhere. I'll edit my post when I find it.

EDIT:

Here is the link to the front sway bar installation. The warning at the top says the install will take 2 hours for a skilled mechanice and as many as 6 hours for a novice.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27164

Something to note is from the main forum page go to the very top link labeled "Member FAQ's & How-To Information Archive" and in that fourm click on the very top link again labeled "Complete 'HOW TO' Archive" and near the bottom of the first page are a bunch of how-tos for suspension installs.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
All I got to say is if you dont have a spring compressor your gonna be screwed. I have never done a focus but I KNOW that the front springs are not just sitting on the shock, they have a lot of pressure on them and if you just start unbolting stuff it CAN KILL YOU.

If you have never done a suspension before I HIGHLY suggest taking it somewhere or have a freind who does know how to and get them to help. The suspension sounds as easy as just out with the old in with the new but its not.

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
I got the eibach pro kit springs, dampers, and camber kit put on by me and some of my friends in my car club. We ran into a few problems, but it wasnt too bad to install. It was all very well worth it, and I am very happy with the drop, and the handling is outstanding.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WoW thanks for the information on the front sway bar. Shouldnt be bad with that explanition.
Thank god i got a lift and all the tools i need. Good thing me and my best friend are mechanics.

This weekend were putting a Kenne bell on a R/T dakota. Should be great

·
Registered
545 Posts
also, go to advance auto parts and you can rent a spring compressor for 40 bucks and when you return it you get your 40 bucks back

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yup already have one of those for the install.
I cant wait im pumped

·
Registered
545 Posts
i dont wanna burst your bubble, but last week i did suspension on my car and my buddies prelude, it took us wednesday thursday and friday nights after work, and now i never wanna touch suspension again.

you are probably looking at about 4-6 hours of work ahead of you, but if you just remember how sweet your car will look and handle at the end, you can bust through it, take luck

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i got a saturday (and sunday incase) put aside for this job. I have done springs and shocks on other vehicles so its not gonna be much new to me but that front sway bar is gonna kill the time

·
Registered
532 Posts
Make sure when you get the spring compressor you get the one that grabs on the OUTSIDE... not the inside. I think Autozone calls it a "strut compressor". We did a Trans Am yesterday, and my buddy picked up the one that grabs inside... its useless. The one we used looks like two huge bolts with little metal hooks that grip the spring on the outside. was a piece of cake. They say don't use an air tool to compress them.. but you'll be cranking until the cows come home with a ratchet. Just make sure you compress them evenly.

The rear springs just fell out too, only held in by the weight of the car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts