Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!
So I got a set of Eibach Pro springs and struts from a fellow member here and I'm going to get a friend to help me install them and save some coin. What he wants me to do is get the suspension assembled before we can install. What I need to know is what kind of strut mounts are needed to assemble the suspension? Can I just go to the suspension shop and have them choose a mount or should I purchase a set? Thanks for the help guys/gals!

·
BEWST AGAIN YAY!!!!!
6,851 Posts
All you should need to assemble the struts prior to install is the Upper strut bearing/mount. If you are going to disassemble the ones that are on the car now just reuse the upper bearing/mount.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Dont forget that spring is under a lot of presure you will need a spring compressor or you will get hurt removing the upper bearing/mount
You can rent one at Auto Zone

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was advised by my friend to get new mounts given that I just hit 100k and we were concerned about the condition of the stockers. So these mounts aren't really application (manufacturer) specific? And yeah, I was going to rent a spring compresser, dido on the Auto Zone.

·
Registered
229 Posts
No, brand doesn't matter. KYB, Monroe, Motorcraft, whatever they have in stock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts