Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I'm dying for a set but might wait for H&R since it drops more. Sportline's will have a larger drop, right??

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, the drop on the mustang was rated at 1.5 inches for the sportlines, but it was closer to 2" when I put them on. I'm going to wait as well, since I don't think a .8 inch drop is worth the time and money.

·
Sonic Crew #04
7,513 Posts
i wonder how they compare to the different springs in the focus already as the non sport, sport and titanium all have different part numbers and stiffness.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Yeah, the drop on the mustang was rated at 1.5 inches for the sportlines, but it was closer to 2" when I put them on. I'm going to wait as well, since I don't think a .8 inch drop is worth the time and money.
I think it sounds perfect, I like the ride height of my Focus, but a little less body roll would be great in the twisties.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Something goes here
8,290 Posts
Yes, I think that I will have to pick these up, I don't want a 1.5 inch or more drop. The but a 1.0'ish drop perfect!

·
Sonic Crew #016
4,313 Posts
yeah i will get this as well i really think these cars need a 1'' drop. wana see one droped first or maby ill be the first one. lol

·
Registered
223 Posts
No coilovers? That's unfortunate.

H&R Coilovers with these Eibach front and rear sway bars certainly sounds like a nice suspension setup to me, though.

·
Registered
671 Posts
No coilovers? That's unfortunate.

H&R Coilovers with these Eibach front and rear sway bars certainly sounds like a nice suspension setup to me, though.
There are a few '12 Coilovers available already.

Also dumb question, but adding springs and coilovers to your car shouldn't affect Warranty right?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Adding springs would probably affected the warranty on your shocks. Since coilovers replace both, you should be okay but any undercarriage damage would probably also be not covered (if for some reason they would have in the first place) because of lowering.

·
Something goes here
8,290 Posts
So who is going to be the first to lower their focus? I think I will being trying to pick them up in about two weeks

·
Registered
968 Posts
How much is the Eibach kit? I'd have to clear it with my prettier half, but I'd love a slightly sportier ride.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Something goes here
8,290 Posts
Would love to get coil overs but just can't part ways with $1100 for lowering the car :lol:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Unless you track the car in some capacity, it is hard to justify coilovers on this thing. I'd at least go for the H&R springs when they become available to get more lowering than the Eibachs.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Like deftones stated, everything I have seen points towards these settling more than the documented 0.8". I expect to get at least an inch out of these once it's all said and done.

Hopefully taking delivery on my car this week. These will come soon after.

·
Something goes here
8,290 Posts
I wish we knew how well the se sport's shocks will work with these springs?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Like deftones stated, everything I have seen points towards these settling more than the documented 0.8". I expect to get at least an inch out of these once it's all said and done.

Hopefully taking delivery on my car this week. These will come soon after.
Post some pics and a review once you get them done. [wrenchin]

·
Something goes here
8,290 Posts
I will most likely be ordering these in the next week or so, I am going to call CFM to see if they can get these.

PS any one good with Photoshop want to take a stab of what the car will look like if lowered

Here is a picture of mine
Click here

1 - 20 of 22 Posts