Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Eibach Pro Kit System (the one with the dampers and springs) on the way which should be here tomorrow. I have a few questions before it arrives and I'm hoping someone here knows.
1. Do I need to get a spring compressor for this? Or is it not needed? Because I will need to rent one if I do.

2. Is this something my friend and I could get done by ourselves in a shop that has almost any tool made? How difficult is it to install?

I appreciate all the help you can give, and I'll be sure to post pics when its finished and get the new gold rallies on.

Thanks

·
Registered
25,618 Posts
Yes, get a spring compresser. You will not need it on the back, but its really hard to do the front without one. I believe autozone rents them out cheap or free.
Yes you can do it in your buddies garage. Easier to get all 4 wheels in the air on a lift or jackstands. Pretty straight-forward. Plan on 2-3 hours if you have never done it before, do one side at a time. You can always look at the other side to see how it fits.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you into cars, you might as well just buy the spring compressor. It's less than $35 and you'll use it for upgrades and strut replacements. It's worth having it in your tool box. just my $.02.

The install is pretty easy. There are detailed instructions in the How To thread, but once you start you'll see what you need to do. It's pretty cut and dry....and you'll enjoy it... I hope.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I just recently installed this on my buddy's car...very easy to do if you've worked on cars before...yes you will need a spring compressor...but should take you less than 4 hours if you're not doing sway bars :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all the help.

I need to get my car re-aligned afterwards correct? and If so did anyone need camber plates to get it back into alignment?

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Foci_Fosho said:
No need to buy a spring compressor if you have an autozone in your area.
It's free to rent.
You just pay the cost of the compressor for a deposit and you get a full refund when you return the compressor even if damaged/bent.

Just make sure to ask for the MacPherson Strut compressor type.

There's also a belt type compressor that works well and it won't put any nicks/markings on the spring like the hook/rod type compressors.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Craven915 said:
yea i put a caster camber kit on it and the rear is still out a little.
Did you install the Pro-kit springs or Sportline ?

I've never heard of anyone requiring a camber kit for the pro-kit since the drop is moderate(1-1.5") compared to the Sportline +2" drop.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone!

The kit arrived today. Its like Christmas in July! Rims are also arriving today, so the car will be looking hot by the end of the weekend. I wasn't sure if I needed a caster camber kit, because of the size of the drop so thanks for clearing it up. I think I will be heading over to Autozone today to either rent/buy a spring compressor.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah, I will definately be posting this weekend or Monday pics of the car. Today was like Christmas with the Pro System and 17" FRPP Gold Rallies showing up. I couldnt wait till after the drop to put them on so I put them on tonite. Can't wait till tomorrow to get the Eibachs on though!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so I started this project today and I ran into a little bit of difficulty. I got the rears done but then I got to the front and had some problems. I dont know how the front strut/ shock assembly is put together. With the damper came bushings rubber spacer and boots. There are 2 different types of washer looking things, one with bigger holes than the other. And also there are also black ones. How are the front struts assembled? Im not sure if I put the wrong washers on the back. Can someone help me out on how the front are assembled as far as yellow bushings, black bushings and what not. I really need some help on this since no directions came with the kit and I have been using the SVT directions which are slightly different from the Eibach setup. I decided to call it a night cause I wanted to make sure every thing is perfect.

Thanks,
Jarred

1 - 15 of 15 Posts