Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you suspension experts out there wanna give us a brief description of the options for adjusting camber on our 2012's?

I've just had the Eibach Pro Kit installed and as others have stated, the fronts are just about perfect to factory specs, but the rears are definitely showing a lot of negative camber. Probably 2 or more degrees by the ole bubble level.

Personally, I'm looking for a simple solution. I don't plan to track the car or anything so a simple, "permanent" fix would be preferable.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Well you can always ask a Mazdaspeed 3 vendor if you can test fit some rear camber links. We have almost identical suspension to the MS3, and I wouldn't be surprised if their rear camber links fit our cars. Hell, a few guys over there have been experimenting with Focus LCAs in the front because they're aluminum and lighter than the MS3 LCAs.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dan Edmunds says bolts can't be applied in our application.
That was my understanding as well. The rear suspension links are threaded and sleeved, so you cannot use bolts. That's unfortunate, because it is the simplest and most cost effective solution.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Here are the before and after specs from Eibach;

Rear Alignment:
OE Camber = -1.4 +/-0.8 deg
OE Total Toe = 0.38 +/-0.33 deg
PK Camber = -2.0 deg
PK Total Toe = 0.38 deg

If these are correct, I would think the change would be so minimal that you don't need to really worry too much about it.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Here are the before and after specs from Eibach;

Rear Alignment:
OE Camber = -1.4 +/-0.8 deg
OE Total Toe = 0.38 +/-0.33 deg
PK Camber = -2.0 deg
PK Total Toe = 0.38 deg

If these are correct, I would think the change would be so minimal that you don't need to really worry too much about it.
A more aggressive drop would require camber adjustments.

Like I said, if any of your are really worried, contact a Mazdaspeed 3 parts manufacturer that makes rear camber links. Since we share so much of the same suspension geometry being on the same platform, they very well may be interchangeable or very close as to need minimal modification. It's always worth a shot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts