Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to order some sportline springs and Got refunded because I was told, they were dicontinued for the Focus. Called Eibach and Yes, in fact Eibach stopped production of Sportline and Pro kit springs for the ford focus. Just thought I'd share this with you guys. :(

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Moved to "Wheels, Tires, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored By Tire Rack"

That's crazy. They were pretty popular springs too. I guess they are just moving on to newer and bigger things.

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
Do a search on "eibach springs broke" or something like that and you'll probably see why. They must have got sick of fulfilling all the life time warranties.

But that does suck...

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
that's great just wanting to put a 2in. drop on, now what I don't want to spend a grand on coilovers.
For people looking to still grab extra performance from their suspension just go with the FRPP kits. They a great deal to be honest. If you want to spend even less, get the SVT kits.

I havent really kept track of Eibachs quality, but I'd also assume they are going to stop considering the cars are getting old. I'm sure they are working on something for the Fiesta and 2012 Focus. There's probably plenty of stock out there still for older foci too.

·
Da fofo love remains
1,538 Posts
Dang that sucks I like my Sportlines and never had a problem with'em. They even got left of the car when it was totaled out.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
H&R ftw!

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
good they were crap anyway
Care to qualify that statement? Unless you can its basically worthless.

I had the pros for over 65K and liked the performance and drop they afforded. I didn't have any problems whatsoever with rust or structural issues either. It's no secrete that I'm not a big fan of the sports but that's due to what "I" feel are some strange spring rates (too soft of an initial rate) for the amount of drop they provide. But that's me and there's lots of people who do like them.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Eibach is discontinuing their spring's for the Foci, wow! Don't forget H&R's Sport Cup kit!!!!

·
RIP 02 SVT 0209
3,944 Posts
H&r !!

·
FOCUS REVOLUTION
2,872 Posts
There crap cause they break I've my self have replaced at least 4-5 sets on diff cars cause they broke. You may have had good luck but your one of the very few. Try racing or really using them they break. Its good there done with the focus now people will be forced to buy good springs
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Try racing or really using them they break.
Mine had over a half dozen rally crosses on them. They were not babied. I'd bet that a good number of the springs you replaced were not matched to a good/appropriate shock. As we see countless times on this site are people cheaping out and using lowering springs with stock shocks or worse. This can easily take a toll on the spring (as well as the shock) if the spring is binding.

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
I bought Pro Kit springs and a short-throw in '03 when I got the car, and ran 'em 6 times a year (minimum) at autocrosses and a few road courses the first five years; I broke everything else but in that time... 3 engines and on my 2nd trans now, I just replaced the shocks with a cheap-o coil over kit, and I'm happy with that, too (Haven't raced it yet, though).

I guess I've been lucky with the springs (the OEM shocks even felt ok at races), I'm only opinionated about the stuff I've used successfully... I still miss my old engines and money...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts