Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gretting fellow Foci enthusisats. First time poster here. I did a search on the Eibach suspension kits and didn't really find the answers to my questions.
I have a 2004 ZTS and I would like to improve the mushy stock suspension. I've been looking at either the full Eibach Pro System kit or the Eibach Sport system kit with both the springs and the dampners. I might go with the "plus" kit which also has the sway bars.
The Pro system say it's "moderate" lowering and the Sport system say it's "Extreme" lowering. This car is a daily driver and I don't want to scrape or lose any fillings driving around town.
Can anyone give me their opinion on each? Possibly a link to pictures so I can see the difference in the ride height?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
i'd go with the pro system plus. i've got the whole thing on my car, and while the ride can be a little rough sometimes, its a lot better than the sport system for a daily driver. the difference in ride height is only about .5" if that. . .

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
You might want to consider an SVT suspension. For about $250.00 you get springs, shocks and a rear sway bar. The lowering is around .75 inches but the handling improvement is dramatic and its still ride friendly. Biggest bang for the buck improvement there is!! (PS.... we have the Eibach Pro kit on our ZX3 and its very nice but for the money and if I had it to do itover again ....SVT all the way!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great advice by all. The SVT suspension I haven't even considered. The price is right, for sure. Is that available at the Ford dealer?
I think that given the fact that I'm not really interested in autocrossing this car, just trying to make it better mannered on the street and less vanilla to look at, the pro kit or the SVT kit is the way to go. BTW my car already has a rear bar. It's tiny but it's there.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
if you do autocross i believe the svt suspension allows you to remain in the stock class. i am not for sure on that. but i have had both the svt suspension and the sportline suspension. teh svt did ride great and had good handling. the sportline system has okay ride quality rough at times and has just a little better handling. i would have to agree that the svt kit is the best bang for the buck, but if you are going for looks as well i would go with either the prokit or the sportline kit. good luck.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
archie said:
if you do autocross i believe the svt suspension allows you to remain in the stock class. i am not for sure on that. but i have had both the svt suspension and the sportline suspension. teh svt did ride great and had good handling. the sportline system has okay ride quality rough at times and has just a little better handling. i would have to agree that the svt kit is the best bang for the buck, but if you are going for looks as well i would go with either the prokit or the sportline kit. good luck.
Can't stay in stock class in SCCA. No updating or backdating allowed in stock class. But Autox isn't my bag anymore and frankly the Focus in any trim level isn't competetive in stock class.
I'm more interested in street performance. Not street racing but the overall driving experience. I think the Focus is a great car for the money, but needs a little help in the suspension area for my taste.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts