Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been bottoming out only on the passenger rear tire, on bumps or if anyone is in the back seat and i mean anyone, like my 110 pound girlfriend. I have 215/45/17 tires and the eibach pro-kit and eibach shocks installed. Should this be happening? I believe it shouldn't and should be stiffer than my stock suspension and hold a load much better. Any ideas on what it is would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hope it's not that considering i just got them in a month ago if that

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brand new from a company called Les Schwab, it's in the western states, not sure who all has them, but they are like a Big O or something like that

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Two questions that might help diagnosis, did you trim your bump stops when you installed the Pro-Kit ? And did you install a camber correction kit ?

I lied, 3 questions....

Is it a rub (usually just a weird sound) or a bump (a jolt you can feel) ?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, well I will answer your 2 (3) questions, haha.
I am not sure if that was done, my dad installed the springs while i was in florida a few summers ago. I do not have the camber correction kit as far as i know, did not know it was needed, would that help?
It kinda like rubs like makes a sound kinda like a squeek

·
Registered
433 Posts
doesnt really sound like yer bottoming out though...with just the prokit and even the replacement shocks you should really have no problems with rubbing. Check out the allignment and see how everything is installed together. Could just be a bad shock or noise from a bushing. Check to see fraying/marks in the wheel well that will ultimately determine if you've been "rubbing"....good luck

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah, i have looked and the passenger rear tire, the one where the sounds come from has been tearing a lil off the tire which makes me a lil mad since they are new tires. Would some adjustable shocks help out or a bigger rear sway to lessen body roll?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
would those bolts to help alighn the rear be of any assistance here?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts