Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 03 spi i went to the scrap yard today and found afallen se wagon !rip!.[bigcry] when i noticed it had a cluster with a tach we both have auto's i asked if i could plug it in and check the miles on it the girl at the counter said ford has 18 diff id codes and it wont work with yours [bigcry] i said its the same car both se only the other is a wagon she said you have a spi motor and the wagon has a zetec [eek] now i dont know if i should get it[mad] [:0] [loveff]

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
00-04 gauge clusters are all plug and play swap besides the svt gauges.
Its like 4 screws, then 1 plug in the back. Its good to get one from an
automatic, if yours is auto, so you won't have to see the shift up light
that comes on the foci with manual transmissions. Just make sure you write down
the exact mileage on your old cluster, and the mileage on the new one when you go to
swap them, so that you'll be able to keep track of your actual mileage. Now go get that
gauge cluster. It'll definitely work for you. I swapped one in mine, and its a great mod.

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
i have a 03 spi i went to the scrap yard today and found afallen se wagon !rip!.[bigcry] when i noticed it had a cluster with a tach we both have auto's i asked if i could plug it in and check the miles on it the girl at the counter said ford has 18 diff id codes and it wont work with yours [bigcry] i said its the same car both se only the other is a wagon she said you have a spi motor and the wagon has a zetec [eek] now i dont know if i should get it[mad] [:0] [loveff]
Unplug the back of the Cluster and see if its white.. if the plug is white with a black/grey retainer clip they will work.. I took my cluster from a wrote off fofo and the front acrylic was smashed and works fine in my car :)

00-04 gauge clusters are all plug and play swap besides the svt gauges.
Its like 4 screws, then 1 plug in the back. Its good to get one from an
automatic, if yours is auto, so you won't have to see the shift up light
that comes on the foci with manual transmissions. Just make sure you write down
the exact mileage on your old cluster, and the mileage on the new one when you go to
swap them, so that you'll be able to keep track of your actual mileage. Now go get that
gauge cluster. It'll definitely work for you. I swapped one in mine, and its a great mod.
Actually Both my wagons stock clusters had operational shift lights ( both are autos and never turn on under any driving conditions but when I light test the cluster the shift light illuminates

This cluster in the pic is the one from the scrapyard.. it was out of a SPI manual and works flawless with my Zetec Auto :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ehh thanks alot especially loud you sir are like a focus icon i will deff get that cluster and a rep for u all

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
he's an SPI focus icon [:D] lol...... but loud, did I see something about all being plug n play except the SVT? is that because of the oil pressure and oil temp gauges that are also attached, which would go where the coin holder is (at least for me, but I don't think I'll ever get any change out of that thing, whoops)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes an spi icon didnt mean to affend other fo fo's to me a neebie just having fun it's exciting to see someone with a car like mine do so much and to know it can be done not saying i'm anywhere near loud but at lest i know there's potential [loveff] [race]

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
yup that's right! (Ima let you in on a little secret- ok it's not a secret lol, but I have all claims to this- I'll slowly but surely be doing an SVT swap/conversion, as much as possible [:D])

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Thanks for that bit of info Feral. Something I didn't know, but definitely good to know.
Glad I could help you out Slowpoke03. An icon huh?
Nice......glad I can be someone that guys like you can look up to.
I'm always here to help.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
right on my goal is to reach 200 hp i'm only about 110 away from it lol but with all your help i'll get there love ff

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
goodnight ehh! dam canadians cant stop saying ehh lol where i live it's 1 in the morning and i gotta get to the scrap yard tommorow [woot] [thumb] [ffrocks]

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
now that would be nice..... I do believe loud has some extensive modifications to his SPI.... extensive.....modifications.....[paranoid]

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
Thanks for that bit of info Feral. Something I didn't know, but definitely good to know.
Glad I could help you out Slowpoke03. An icon huh?
Nice......glad I can be someone that guys like you can look up to.
I'm always here to help.
yeah theres three variations of clusters

one with a white plug and receiver

one with the grey plug and receiver

and the almighty SVT which only works with SVT's unless you feel like pretty much repinning/wiring your dash which is very possible if you know what your doing.. have a ton of time on your hands and don;t mind tearing off your dash to expose the harness hehehehe

I tested the theory out I borrowed a cluster from my bud yesterday ( he owns a scrapyard) and it was out of an 04 and plugged it into my 01 and worked fine :p the cluster he had has less mileage then wagon 1 but since its 150k and under he wants $75 my price or $100 any other joe's price LOL
the greys will not even plug in and yeah right like I could ever get my hands on a SVT cluster like he said SVT's ( cars) are Gold and when he does get them in they never hit the yard there kept and sold to bodyshops.. I'm on the waiting list for a running rear end hit one lets see if he can get me one :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts