Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Boosted
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup everybody here's my situation-just got my fuel pump/fuel cortrol module fixed under the recall cause my car was hesitating at low speeds under 2k rpms yesterday,....so 2 day i'm drivin round untill i get my check engine light. i go 2 autozone so they can pull some codes and see what's wrong, and they pull a code for the EGR valve saying that it sensed 2 much flow or sumthin like that and told me 2 go 2 ford cause itz still under warranty and all, so i go there and on my way my car starts hesitating like it did before-could the EGR valve be why my car is hesitating at low speeds under 2k rpms?????also what in the hell is an EGR valve, and what does it do??many thankz!![:D] [confused]

·
Registered
150 Posts
Exhaust Gas Return Valve. It sucks up some of the exhaust and shoves it back into the intake manifold in order to be completely burnt, as it still has tiny bits of unburnt gasoline in it still. It is for economy and hinders performance somewhat.

·
Registered
793 Posts
sounds like the dpfe sensor...?

·
AKA Toyotech
4,041 Posts
just run a quick search on DPFE, Delta Pressure Feedback Exhaust, part of your egr system sitting near your coil or firewall, cheap part

·
Registered
150 Posts
What about the EGR delete plate from Focus Trends? Does the engine compensate for EGR and add less fuel? Will it affect what the computer is expecting vs. what is really there?

·
Boosted
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is the DPFE that little metal thing that looks like a blowoff valve?? if not, then what does it look like9pics...)i still have alot 2 learn bout my car!!

·
AKA Toyotech
4,041 Posts
SWYZ721 said:
What about the EGR delete plate from Focus Trends? Does the engine compensate for EGR and add less fuel? Will it affect what the computer is expecting vs. what is really there?
the delete plate is pretty much useless, the egr closes at full throttle anyway so all it does is...um...cause bad emissions, maybe rod knock and all that other good stuff, the engine won't but the ecu will, you will also have a cel thrown.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,041 Posts
nope, thats not it, just look on your firewall to the left of the fuse block, look for a rectangle with two hoses going into it and a 8mm bolt on each side...if not there, its located near the coil on the drivers side of the engine

·
Boosted
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
found it-i'm gonna let ford fix it, cause itz still under warranty, at least i hope it is...thankz

1 - 10 of 10 Posts