Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would the egr have something to do with the car idiling and hesistating? i hope it does or what the hell does it do???????

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well..... EGR valve may cause that but i doubt it .... usually it is an older vehicle with higher miles that has EGR problems..... it sounds like maybe a vacuum line problem. Take a propane torch (not lit) and run it along all your vacuum lines whil your car is running. If it all of a sudden idles higher there is a leak there in your vacuum line.... replace it... this is just a very basic start. Describe your problem in more detail so we can help trouble shoot!! Don't mess with the EGR right away.

·
Registered
793 Posts
my car hesitates,, but my fuel pump is the diagnosed problem and i got lucky to have it under recall! <edit> they ended up saying it was the DPFE !!! i gotta pay for it!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Oh yeah i forgot to add.... go to your local dealership and they will run your VIN number and see if any recall work needs to be done... usually all for free.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i ran the tourch along the lines and it didnt idle higher so now what any other suggestions?? i would appericate them

·
Registered
793 Posts
get a dealer to check the DPFE,,, that is whats wrong with mine, they said it has water contamination!

·
Registered
58 Posts
check it out.. almost all the posts have the same problem as you.... it is probably your fuel pump.... take it to the dealer... they will swap it for free... FREE!! Post up if that doesn't work

1 - 8 of 8 Posts