Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im going to either use the svt header or maybe put a straight pipe where my current cat is, depending if i get a cheap svt header....

I have a zx2 intake manifold laying around and im going to be installing it on the focus, this has no egr inlet.

What all can i safely remove without causing runing issues,

I already have the egr turned off on my tune, and want to remove as much as possible,

Will i need to use the dpfe sensor, this is ran of the egr tube im removing so,,,,do i need to just plug it?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'd use the stock Focus intake manifold with a simple EGR block off plate which you can either make or buy. Swapping the ZX2 manifold will interfere with the coolant temp sensor (ZX2 IM flange hits sensor) on the focus head and I believe the runners wont match up 100% with the head. I simply just took an EGR gasket and traced it onto a piece of aluminum scrap and cut/drilled it out and then bolted it up with the gasket.

If you use an SVT header without EGR bung and block the IM off, then you can remove the whole system including sensors provided your tune turns everything off properly. Oh and remember to put a vacuum plug on the IM where the vacuum hose would run from it to the EGR valve.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
i beleive tom said the zx2 mani doesn't work on the focus.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts