Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the EGR piping was frozen due to the michigan winters and all that oh so good metal corrosion. I broke the piping to the EGR, and thought, ok, so i will block it off and nothing will be hurt right? wrong. I idle like a drag car with my upgraded cams, and the car doesnt die, but it feels like it is going to die. the throttle response is better, but my god, sitting in traffic feels like riding a horse.

I have looked literally everywhere i can think of for a replacement for the stock piping, as i generally like to stick with what the factory intended when i mod things, but alas, i return home every trip with no goods and a car i cant stand to drive.

now, im looking for this piping or a reasonable way to repair the factory piping, which was dremeled off. can i weld the piping? can i make my own piping and use it? or, can someone help me find a replacement tube for it. I tried focus salvage, but they dont seem to like to respond to my emails... any and i mean ANY help would be greatly appreciated, as every day this lasts the closer the foci comes to being a lawn ornament.

thanks.

jerry

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
The weld on mine broke at the exhaust manifold flange. I hear alot of people have problems with these. I took mine off, and welded back together. If you can't weld, I suggest taking it to a muffler shop, and letting them weld it back together.

(Nice avatar by the way!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts