Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want to delete my EGR because I installed a header and I only blocked the EGR off with a metal piece for now. The CEL is on and I use my scan gauge to turn it off all the time but I want to delete the system for good.
Except for focussport is there any other company that sells a Chip for the SPI? because on FS they sell them for almost 300$ !!!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump![wrenchin]

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
You can get a tune from Tom and an xcal 2 from him that will disable the egr all together.
The price is around what you quoted from Focus Sport. Tunes aren't cheap, but well worth it.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can get a tune from Tom and an xcal 2 from him that will disable the egr all together.
The price is around what you quoted from Focus Sport. Tunes aren't cheap, but well worth it.
THe thing is what else would he tune on the car? My car is almost stock, except the EGR delete what can he do to improve the car with the xcal2? (I'm a noob with those this xcal thing!) [driving]

·
Dragon Warrior
309 Posts
change your MAF transfer function, advance your timing to allow for 93 Octane fuel, richen your fuel mixture. cure any factory driveability concerns.

delete the downstream O2 so you can remove the catalytic convertor. delete your egr if need be.

also Tom usually tunes with Diable not Xcal. not saying he cant he just prefers diablo.
Focus sport and CFM also do tuning.

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
I want to delete my EGR because I installed a header and I only blocked the EGR off with a metal piece for now. The CEL is on and I use my scan gauge to turn it off all the time but I want to delete the system for good.
Except for focussport is there any other company that sells a Chip for the SPI? because on FS they sell them for almost 300$ !!!
I would do a flasher this way as needed I can send you more tunes 379.00 and 20.00 for shipping but you get free updates as you change things

Tom

·
Registered
570 Posts
hey tom
, your tunes
will they pass smog???
or
is their a way to remove the egr and pass emissions??

i have a hole in mine finally

1 - 7 of 7 Posts