Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Edgar's 2012 Hatch *Wheels Update*

So this is going to be the thread I'll update anytime I do any mods to my car. There aren't a lot of mods I want to do but I'll post any here.
First Mod was changing the stock low beams to philips crystal vision. I had HIDs on my old car for 3 years, so the stock halogens were defintaly not enough. I think these will do nicely, I just hope I dont have to change them multiple times a year. Crappy cell Phone pics but here they are

The only other mods I have in mind are:

Rims

Window Tint

Upgraded Hi beams

Yellow fog light armor from this site:
http://www.headlightarmor.com/12-ford-focus-foglight-protection-kit.aspx

Maybe better door speakers

I want a K&N CAI, but want to see how it affects car performance and MPG (once they start making one of course) Might just go with a drop in filter

and maybe the exhaust, I dont want anything "ricer" sounding

·
Registered
188 Posts
What kind of rims and tires do you have on it?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What kind of rims and tires do you have on it?
I'll Be keeping the stock tires until they run out, I ordered these rims at Discount tire literally 20 minutes after driving off the lot:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Sick i just ordered these for my car

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yeah i will and hopefully ill be getting the handr coil overs soon to so my will look really nice

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
be careful on those Drag wheels... they bend easy!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Nice thread, Edgar.

I would also like yellow fogs, but the heat thing worries me... especially when the link above has the quote "We also suggest turning you fog lights off while you vehicle is stationary stuck in stop and go traffic for example."

Perhaps yellow/orange bulbs of same wattage as original would be better, though I don't know where you get them.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice thread, Edgar.

I would also like yellow fogs, but the heat thing worries me... especially when the link above has the quote "We also suggest turning you fog lights off while you vehicle is stationary stuck in stop and go traffic for example."

Perhaps yellow/orange bulbs of same wattage as original would be better, though I don't know where you get them.
I had the yellow fog "tint" on my explorer for about 3 years and it still looked great when I sold it a few days ago. That headlight armor company really sells a good product

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MOD #2
The rims arrived in 2 days! Here they are, im pretty damn stoked with the look it has now. What do you guys/gals think?

next window tint, that'll be in a few weeks

·
Sonic Crew #016
4,313 Posts
That's a dark car, need some black headlights and fogs looks good.

·
Registered
472 Posts
That's a dark car, need some black headlights and fogs looks good.
man where is the LOL emoticon when you need it? I am going to assume you missed that he lives in the Peoples Republick of Kalifornia, one of the most mod unfriendly states on the planet.

That is not to say you're not right however, blacked out would look awesome especially with 20% tint all the way around.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
man where is the LOL emoticon when you need it? I am going to assume you missed that he lives in the Peoples Republick of Kalifornia, one of the most mod unfriendly states on the planet.

That is not to say you're not right however, blacked out would look awesome especially with 20% tint all the way around.
One thing people dont realize about California is that we have a lot of ridiculous rules, but being a Metropolis from San Francisco all the way down to me in San Diego, cops dont enforce stupid things. They dont have time to write you a ticket for not having a front license plate or dark tint. You may get pulled over as an excuse to look up your info if you're driving suspicious but they have more important things to do. My experience here in San Diego anyway. You see blacked out cars everywhere here, and ridiculously high lifts, and really low cars, and HIDs

·
Registered
40 Posts
One thing people dont realize about California is that we have a lot of ridiculous rules, but being a Metropolis from San Francisco all the way down to me in San Diego, cops dont enforce stupid things. They dont have time to write you a ticket for not having a front license plate or dark tint. You may get pulled over as an excuse to look up your info if you're driving suspicious but they have more important things to do. My experience here in San Diego anyway. You see blacked out cars everywhere here, and ridiculously high lifts, and really low cars, and HIDs
That works great, except that many police departments see that stuff as a revenue generator and actively seek them out. God forbid you don't have a front license plate so the light cameras only get you from 3 angles instead of 8. Be especially careful parking at the airport- that's an almost certain fix-it ticket.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm just going off my experience in the place I've lived my whole life. My Explorer didn't have a front plate the 8 years I owned it and never got crap about it, even the times I got pulled over for traffic violations.

On another note, Does anyone know how I can change the name of this thread? I just want to put "update" in the title

·
Registered
472 Posts
I'm just going off my experience in the place I've lived my whole life. My Explorer didn't have a front plate the 8 years I owned it and never got crap about it, even the times I got pulled over for traffic violations.

On another note, Does anyone know how I can change the name of this thread? I just want to put "update" in the title
prolly have to PM a mod and ask them to do it for you

·
Registered
263 Posts

I live in CA too, and most of the stuff you hear about being ticketed for mods is blown way out of proportion. The only things that are a pain in the ass is anything that has to do with the emissions system, and that's only a problem when getting the car smogged. That being said though, I do notice that the ricers catch a little more heat than domestics.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Updated 9/16/11

Here it is with the windows tinted

20% rear, 35% fronts

The rear, debadged

And I just picked up my spare air box cover from the dealer (For Just $10 [woot]) so I can cut it up, slap it on, and see how it sounds [8D]

1 - 20 of 42 Posts