Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried or heard anything about the Edelbrock header for the Focus?

Click here to view header

"The result is gains over the OEM exhaust manifold of eight horsepower (at 3,500 rpm) at the wheels, and eight foot-pounds of torque while retaining the stock cat-back exhaust system. This header is legal for street use in all 50 states. "

·
AKA Toyotech
4,041 Posts
best quality shorty for the focus, but overpriced. also the nicest for showpiece with the heatshield

·
Registered
281 Posts
nah. The best quality I'd have to say is the Ford Racing and then the Edelbrock. They were suppose to have come out with a new and improved version. They're also suppose to release long tube headers I believe. But I gotta say opening your hood and seeing your heatshield with the letters EDELBROCK rocks much ass.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Dude www.summitracing.com sells the freakin Edelbrock for like $389. It kills me when people think that the Edelbrock header for the Focus is so expensive because they go to a site like ebay and see people are trying to sell them for $500+. In fact the JBA is listed for more money on summits website than the Edelbrock. Both Ford Racing and Edelbrock are similar priced (unless you're talking www.mcnewsautomotive.com and both probably come with the most hardware including heatshields but the Ford Racing seems like a better buy. Also I don't think the Ford Racing has a warranty on it from Ford Racing but I don't think you should have any trouble with it.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Jibberish18 said:
Dude www.summitracing.com sells the freakin Edelbrock for like $389. It kills me when people think that the Edelbrock header for the Focus is so expensive because they go to a site like ebay and see people are trying to sell them for $500+. In fact the JBA is listed for more money on summits website than the Edelbrock. Both Ford Racing and Edelbrock are similar priced (unless you're talking www.mcnewsautomotive.com and both probably come with the most hardware including heatshields but the Ford Racing seems like a better buy. Also I don't think the Ford Racing has a warranty on it from Ford Racing but I don't think you should have any trouble with it.
The first place I saw the JBA for was $ 329.99

$ 389.00 isn't exactly cheap.

·
Registered
281 Posts
You know I may have to bite my tongue because I just went onto www.summitracing.com and www.jegs.com and neither had the Edelbrock on the website. Maybe you gotta call them?

$329 isn't cheap I agree which is why I paid $135 for a Pacesetter hehe ( I know you don't like Pacesetter [:p] ) But if you're gonna be up in the $300's you might as well spend the extra loot for something better.

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
I've been looking into shorty headers lately. Thinking I'll keep the cat with the ACIII. The FR looks to be the best quality for the price. Since Ford doesn't make it...who does? I think it's Borla. Either way, It's hard for me to justify the cost compared to a long tube. Staying green can be expensive I guess.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
i dont know why the shorty headers for the focus are so much...the race headers are either cheaper or just about the same price (depending on what brand), and the race headers are made of more material b/c they are full length headers, so wouldn't you think the race headers would be more...wouldn't you think that the shorty headers would sell for like $200-250? If you ask me thats a ripe off to buy shorty headers for almost $400.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts