Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fanatics,
I am brazilian and I would like to know how you(americans) work with the ECU when install a Turbo system in your focus.Do you use an interface?Wich factories do this products?
Sorry if my English is wrong,I haven't praticed a lot lately.
See ya.
Leonel Beserra
São Paulo-Brazil.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
well to find out your chip number you must first remove your glove box by opening it and squezing both sides and pull. you will have a number for instance my is pbm1 it is 3 letters and 1 number ex. (lmx3)? something like that. usually when you get a turbo upgrade they come with ecu chips a.k.a racing chips for instance turbo tom of focus-power.com uses chipguy racing chips i believe.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
yes usually turbos come with racing chips, if yours didnt try chipguy or maybe diablo chips.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,891 Posts
You might also find the ECU sticker inside the door jam on the passenger side.
Open the passenger side door.
Look around the inside by the door hinges.
Look for a 1inch by 1inch sticker with 3 letters and a number like LUY2.
As far as programming for turbo, usually the guy who sells the turbo kit can help you with that.
If not, you will need a tuner shop guy who knows how to tune turbo's tune the chip/ecu.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys,you help me a lot.
Now,I would like to know how much does it cost?(The Chip)
I am asking for you cause in Brazil the chips for Fords are too expensive,it costs U$ 600.
I am opening a car center and I would like to work especially with Ford,if someone could give me a name of book or site about Ford's eletronic injection,chips,etc...I will be glad.
See ya and a happy new year for everyone.
Leonel Beserra
São Paulo-Brazil

·
FF Affiliate
31,414 Posts
Leonel i can get you the custom chips and what ever you need ,,We also have turbo kits , injectors , and the mass airs calibrated to what ever injectors you need

Web site is below

Tom

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Leonel, deal with 1turbofocus, he knows more about turbocharging and the focus than most out there.

HRW good advice also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts