Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
pwned
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm going to install my SRI this weekend and was reading the manual about the battery. It states after performance altering parts are installed, the ECU must re-calibrate idling and fuel specifications, how long do I drive for before this stuff is calibrated? Should it be city driving or highway also?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
As long as you disconnect the neg battery cable you will be fine just drive like normal after.

·
pwned
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, I guess the Ford manual is being over-excessive to protect themselves, they say you gotta drive the car for about 10 mins before it's calibrated lol

·
pwned
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just want to give a thanks to everybody for all their information. Installed the SRI and everything is great, I really didn't expect such a sound difference in the mid RPM range. I'm very pleased with this!!

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
yeah, the steeda is really loud up front!

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
You don't even have to unhoock it for 10 minutes. Only a couple. Basicly unhook it. Then rehook it a minute or two later. Check your tripmeter. If that is reset your good to go.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Anyone know how to get rid of the intake whistle you get after installing the SRI? I checked all the hose clamps and they're tight.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
that whistle is normal, it's just the air rushing past the tb plate. Nothing you can really do about it (except from what I hear that buying a aftermarket tb quiets it)

·
Registered
9 Posts
That whistle is from your throttle body cracking open at certain rpms.... Its nothing to worry about. You can just hear it now because of more velocity from the greater air supply. Buy an aftermarket tb like c-f-m 67mm and it will cancel out that whistle.... Or you can just buy a header and drown everything out...... kiff.... loud noises!

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
i have heard that the 67mm will get rid of the whistle, but never heard on the 65mm...makes me wonder, cuz the stock tb has that little lip on it. it is 63, but u can bore it out to 65. so i wonder if u would still have it, or if that lip disappearing gets rid of it.

and that whistle usually should occur around 3k.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts