Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to change the ECT on my 2001 2.0 SPI and I can not find it nor any info on where the heck it is.

Also Im a little confused is there an ECT and a CHT on my car. I have read a lot of conflicting info.

Thanks

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
I don't have an SPI but I can offer this; any ECT (Engine Coolant Temp) sensor is almost certainly in or near the thermostat housing. If you can trace wires to a "plug" that ends up in the thermostat housing, you've found your ECT sensor.

The plain jane Zetec has a CHT (Cylinder Head Temp) sensor by the rear of the cylinder head. The SVT Zetec used a ECT sensor in the thermostat housing. I think the SPI uses a ECT in the thermostat housing too. Perhaps an SPI owner can confirm or refute...

Euro Foci - depending on the engine capacity - have an ECT between the two center cylinders, IIRC. Lots of temperature sensing locations with this car.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I don't know what they call the sensor, but if I remember correctly when I recently did a coolant flush, there is a sensor with a connector on/or near the t-stat housing. If it looks to be in the housing or water jacket, that's your sensor.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Yes the SPI has a coolant temp sensor located in the plastic thermostat housing on the transmission side of the head.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts