Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the autoshow in Indy today and seen all of the 2009-2010 models and Ford had this in their area...

The guy said Ford is putting ecoboost on the Flex first and should be on almost all Fords by 2013. I'm not sure when they will start ecoboost offically though.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
I wonder just how much power those turbos are supposed to add?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Wow that looks smaller than my IHI.
That honestly looks like something that would go on a motorcycle.
I don't believe that would go on a 2+ litre engine.

·
You like this.
1,693 Posts
up to 240hp in the 4-cyl. Flex and MKS first, but I think there should be a high-power version in the Edge... how sick woudl that be with the Sport package...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^ yeah the Edge with the sport package is Nice!

You gotta remember that ecoboost is for fuel economy, I wouldn't expect a huge turbo.

Here is the Sport Edge that was there,

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Yea that does look kinda small, but like they said, used for fuel economy. But don't forget I believe, at least for the 6cyl engines it'll be two of those under the hood.

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
the 3.5l eco boost is a twin turbo setup, that's why they're so small. You should know as a rule of thumb, the bigger the wastegate, the more control you have.
it only works like that for an external. the size of the flapper on an internal wg is what will actual allow exhaust to pass not the size of the diaphragm. that thing is super tiny!

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
wooohoo 5psi of boost at idle im down hahah Jk

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
You gotta remember that ecoboost is for fuel economy, I wouldn't expect a huge turbo.
Isn't the whole ecoboost fuel economy thing more based on the fact that they can put a teeny tiny motor in a car and use the boost to make it be able to climb a hill eliminating the need for a larger motor?

I love the sport Edge!! It should be hunting Audis with a few adjustments.
Did anyone there say that it was going to be produced? Last I heard it was back burnered.

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
lol... probably not. my sti is MAF, as well as the cobra's. ford will probably stick with it with a turbo as well

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
i thought they were gonna use the 1.6 L ecoboost motors.

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
so did i but i did some reading today and had to edit

·
Registered
798 Posts
I cant wait to find a wrecked ecoboost car (god forbid the driver/passengers are OK) so I can gut the drivetrain and make a cool Foci swap!!!!

3.0L Twin Turbo Flex engine in a ST... :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts