Focus Fanatics Forum banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Well.. you see I had a little hiccup in my plan outta my control ,I didn't drive it how however, I drove my 93 jeep home Saturday and I can't work on it Sunday due to it bring at the dealership locked up. Hopefully tonight the engine will with pics tonight . I will be starting it when I clock off at 5 pm.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I will tell you if you haven't seen it there's a video of the engine running on the engine stand at my work. It's pretty cool. It's on Facebook on the Focus Fanatics page.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,157 Posts
Can confirm the video is neat to watch.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Well I started a little later than expected roughly 5:40 ish but I'm heading home while daylights out still out , but the engine is being held in with no bolts in the mounts and is ready to come out , it will be out before 7 am tomorrow, and then unfortunately the car will be untouched for just a few days while I handle business.

Attachments

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,157 Posts
Take some time and cut the spot welds on the crash bar and bolt it back on.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,157 Posts
That'll look really nice.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 · (Edited)
It's unfortunate that I even have to make this post , but DO NOT CALL MY JOB REPEATEDLY asking for my number, and then get rude with my coworkers. Completely unprofessional.....
Then you add a Google review that slanders the damn dealership!!! Mate you are on a fast track of getting me fired and I will not be post updates no longer if it continues... this is sad

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,157 Posts
It's unfortunate that I even have to make this post , but DO NOT CALL MY JOB REPEATEDLY asking for my number, and then get rude with my coworkers. Completely unprofessional.....
Then you add a Google review that slanders the damn dealership!!! Mate you are on a fast track of getting me fired and I will not be post updates no longer if it continues... this is sad
No way, that happens???

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,157 Posts
Did you check to see if the fuel gauge will read the factory voltage of the factory sending unit? When I got my gauges they didn't offer it which I why I went through Autometer...I'm sure you have went over everything though.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
This is a Clutch masters 725 twin disc for a mtx 75. This is the clutch I chose. It does need a little modification to fit correctly on to the ecoboost ( probably could have got a Focus St flywheel and it would prolly required no modification at all) anyways I drilled out the flywheel mounting holes to the correct dimensions so that I could properly fit on.
So this clutch was pretty frustrating. The fact it was in fact impossible to mate the transmission to the engine when the pressure plate was properly torqued (22-24ft-lbs) the input shaft would will not slip into the plates ( binding) , so I torqued them all to 10 ftlbs, and then mounted the engine and transmission together and torqued them, fit like a glove! I then went through the the clutch throw out entery (pic in next post) and torqued all 6 pressure plates to 24 ft-lbs in a star pattern. Spun the motor over and shifted through the gears and checked out put , everything is good to go and ready to drop back in!

Attachments

41 - 60 of 67 Posts