Focus Fanatics Forum banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
The
The Transmission is a MTX- 75 it bolts directly up to the ecoboost due to being a duratec pattern. Currently rebuilding a 2nd trans that I got from the junkyard, I will be posting pics later this week.
Are you going to keep the stock differential or go with an aftermarket LSD?

·
Registered
16' Focus ST
415 Posts
Niiicceeee.
I'm gonna be following this one

·
Registered
346 Posts
Awesome... just awesome. I'm so glad people are doing this. I am so jealous of your space, time, and part of your skills to pull this off.
Will definitely be keeping tabs. So cool to see.

Oh, and I like the turbo location. Looks badass.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The

Are you going to keep the stock differential or go with an aftermarket LSD?
I am going to be putting a mfactory 1.5 lsd In as well as rebuilding the transmission, I will have pictures up and write up shortly, just really hard to get everything done like I want with my limited time.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Awesome... just awesome. I'm so glad people are doing this. I am so jealous of your space, time, and part of your skills to pull this off.
Will definitely be keeping tabs. So cool to see.

Oh, and I like the turbo location. Looks badass.
I definitely have the space and the skills but the time is limited lmao. Glad to have another reader 🙌

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
My brand new steering wheel setup for my focus,
I do believe I will be the first person to have make this steering wheel swap . Steering wheel is a custom gt350 steering wheel with the cobra airbag, I will be wiring up the air bag to work just as it would if was stock

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Small update : I have been really busy do to work and life. But I do have my steering wheel attached.( I'll have to sit down and wire it all later) but check out this Gen 1 Coyote that I have tore down. It has 252k miles on it and only thing that it has wrong with it is a light tick when warm ( Original engine, Transmission, driveline) I will be finishing up this truck tomorrow and then back on track with this swap.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Tomorrow is the day!! The stock 300k oem engine and transmission will be pulled out. Then my ecoboost 2.0 with a fresh rebuilt mtx75 with 1.5 lsd from Mfactory will be dropped in .
For the past 2 months of this car being my daily I've been purposely trying to blow it .... because why not 🤣. I keep pinning it at 100+ mph and just driving aggressively in general to see the limits. I can report this is one well built motor and trans. The clutch is starting to slip, but suprised it hasn't gone out.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 67 Posts