Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So im gonna start posting my Ecoboost journey in this forum , join in on the chat if you have questions or input. So the car is a 2006 focus zx3 2.0 duratec. The engine being installed is from a 2014 escape 2.0T. Alot has been done to the car already. About me , I work as an automotive technician for a Dodge dealership in Florida. I'm lucky enough to come from a Ford dealership as a tech and did that for a long time! (5+ years) and acquired my senior masters from Ford
So I have owned an 2014 Focus St and drove it to 183k ( ORIGINAL everything) until I wrecked it and really enjoyed the car. But I've always enjoyed the mk1 the best, like the 2 svt focus's I've owned felt great aswell. This car is unfortunately not a true svt focus but had everything from one.. So here we go...

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
While I was here I went ahead and removed the Balance shafts and installed a balance shaft delete. I also replaced the diamond washers along with the crank bolt and fully revealed the motor with new seals all the way around.

Attachments

·
Registered
Ford Focus SE Sport 2003
421 Posts
Based on your pictures, this looks more like a 2000-2004 model. The 2005-2007 front grille was enlarged in 2005 to 2007 and the door mouldings had been removed. Can you confirm?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Based on your pictures, this looks more like a 2000-2004 model. The 2005-2007 front grille was enlarged in 2005 to 2007 and the door mouldings had been removed. Can you confirm?
You are correct the car is a 2006 , the front clip was pulled from a 2003 svt ( the hood, fenders, front bumper , head lights)

·
Registered
2014 Focus ST3
74 Posts
This looks cool as hell! Can't wait to see this thing running. Any idea how difficult slapping the Ecoboost into the older Focus' is or is this your first foray into this? Which transmission are you planning to go with?

Reactions: Cobrawana

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This looks cool as hell! Can't wait to see this thing running. Any idea how difficult slapping the Ecoboost into the older Focus' is or is this your first foray into this? Which transmission are you planning to go with?
Thank you! We'll I've never done the swap personally but based off my experience and knowledge with Ford vehicles from working on them for a job I feel I shouldn't have too much of an issue. There are a few ecoboost swaps done so far but SPIinDisguise is by far the nicest one running and has a ton of info on the swap already. I'm honestly just making these post to help others that are interested in doing the swap that are not as mechanical or electrically inclined.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Transmission is a MTX- 75 it bolts directly up to the ecoboost due to being a duratec pattern. Currently rebuilding a 2nd trans that I got from the junkyard, I will be posting pics later this week.

Attachments

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,157 Posts
Ah hah, I've found the build thread. Definitely going to be watching your progress as it comes together. Holler if you need tips or such. Keep it up.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ah hah, I've found the build thread. Definitely going to be watching your progress as it comes together. Holler if you need tips or such. Keep it up.

Thanks man! I'm sure I may have a question or two along they way lol . Do you have pics of the modification you made to the damond engine to make the engine level like you mentioned before?

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,157 Posts
Thanks man! I'm sure I may have a question or two along they way lol . Do you have pics of the modification you made to the damond engine to make the engine level like you mentioned before?
So... literally just bought the upper and lower section, and put steel in between to make the motor sit level and welded it all together.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So... literally just bought the upper and lower section, and put steel in between to make the motor sit level and welded it all together.

Alright well we shall see going foward lol. Also your coolant inlet where you put in coolant on your car is that piece custom made or store bought?

Attachments

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,157 Posts
Alright well we shall see going foward lol. Also your coolant inlet where you put in coolant on your car is that piece custom made or store bought?
It's a piece by Chase Bays Raised Filler Neck welded to a custom water outlet.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts